PDA

View Full Version : ADVISE PLEASE

little_gems
29-03-2010, 08:08 PM
really need some advise!!!!

Had a LO today who fell over and we ended up going for a loverly trip in an ambulance to hospital!! I've only just got in home. He's got to have it stiched tomorrow but being put to sleep (how bad to i feel):blush:

Now i know i have to phone OFSTED but what do i have to say as ive never had to do this before.

I'm also due my inspection my 3 year inspection next month are they more likely to come out quicker now????

Thanks

The Juggler
29-03-2010, 08:12 PM
oh hon, how awful. you need to phone ofsted yes but not sure if it'll mean your inspection will come quicker.

Hope mindee is Ok soon (and your nerves are OK!). Was mum ok about it?

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 08:18 PM
don't stress don't worry these things happen

I have had to let Ofsted know about a hospital incident.

They were lovely and reasurring.

They will ask you to walk them through the incident step by step, how it happened, where, what you done etc, that you have written it up, contacting parents, etc
They (probably) will ask you to put it in writing
they will want to know about your RA and what steps you are taking - ie reviewing.

they will want to be kept updated regarding the child.

they will give you an 'incident' number - keep this safe for future reference

They may advise you to phone Riddor (again you will have to walk them through it) or local environmental health (Ofsted advised me to do this also but they were not interested).

honestly these things happened and we cannot go through life without an accident or two

little_gems
29-03-2010, 08:51 PM
i am so worried!!!
my RA are on my other laptop which is broken and i hadn't printed them off!!!!

I'm still sat here worring and feeling sick!!

Andrea08
29-03-2010, 08:51 PM
oh hun sorry about your news hope all turns out well and please dont worry about ofsted ....

sending (((Huggz)))

little_gems
29-03-2010, 08:55 PM
mum and dad were fine, the said thier actally glad it happened here as they wouldnt have know what to do

NaggyNat
29-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Aw hun, sending loads of ((((((hugs)))))) your way! Everything will be fine!!! xx

TheBTeam
29-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh poor little one and you, least the parents seem to have appreciated that it was just an unfortunate accident and that these things do sometimes happen. Hope all goes well for him tomorrow,

jelly15
29-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh please don't worry, things happen no matter how careful you are, just think of Ofsted etc as extended admin you have to do.

littletreasures
29-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Accidents will happen, kids can't be wrapped in bubble wrap.

Glad Mum and Dad were ok about it.

little_gems
29-03-2010, 09:21 PM
havent written it in the acident book to busy stopping the bleeding checking all the other kids were alright and going in the ambulance!!!(no i need to) but will be alright just to get mum and dad to sign next time there here???

mama2three
30-03-2010, 06:59 AM
im sure it will , there are some things more important than paperwork! ( shh , dont tell ofsted i said that!!)
how is the little one today?

Carol M
30-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Please don't worry.
I too have had this happen whilst a child was in my care. It sounds as if you have done the right thing and responded correctly and calmly so as emergency treatment was given to the lo.
Get parents to sign the accident report asap and inform Ofsted they will be fine , accidents happen!
I'm sure you will be pleased to see that your emergency plan worked and be confident that if it happens again you can cope with it
Hugs
Carol x

little_gems
31-03-2010, 07:26 PM
well his mum and dad came round yesturday and they thanked me for everything i did :blush:

The only thing thats now bothering me now is that the amount of poeple i had to phone
OFSTED
Riddor
and then my Development worker said i had to informe child protection which i have done but them and riddor said they might have to come and investergate what happened!!!