PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring Visit?

claire2211
29-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Just had CSSIW on the phone and said they are coming tomorrow to do a monitoring visit!

What the heck? Anyone had this before? I had my inspection in September so whats this for?

Chimps Childminding
29-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Are you accreddited?? My friend is, she can receive nursery funding and has had a call to say she is having a monitoring visit next week, hope that helps!

claire2211
29-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks but No.

I have a problem family who have been threatening to complain about me. They've made up lies about me but its because I'm insisting they pay four weeks notice.

I think that may have something to do with it?

sarah707
29-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Make sure you have it all written up, exactly what has been said and the dates of all the payment issues.

Present as much evidence as you can.

Good luck :D

manjay
29-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks but No.

I have a problem family who have been threatening to complain about me. They've made up lies about me but its because I'm insisting they pay four weeks notice.

I think that may have something to do with it?

That will be exactly what it is. If CSSIW were concerned they would have just turned up. As Sarah said make sure all your paperwork is in order and CSSIW will see it for what it is - malicious.

Let us know how you get on

brightstar
29-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Good luck tomorrow Claire, try not to stress too much xx

Mookins
29-03-2010, 05:01 PM
how upsetting for you:(

all will be fine though hun you show em x x x

caz3007
29-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Good luck, hope all goes well tomorrow

Chimps Childminding
29-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!:thumbsup:

Andrea08
29-03-2010, 08:32 PM
good luck hun x

tulip0803
29-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Good luck.

As Manjay says if they were concerned they would not have rung they would have just turned up. You will be fine they do know which complaints are genuine & which are malicious but they have to be seen to have checked.

Mookins
30-03-2010, 11:22 AM
hope all went well hun

x x x

claire2211
31-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Things are going from bad to worse. X parents did report
me to CSSIW and they have forced me to reduce my minding numbers to three from 5. So I'm really :censored: Off. In fact I'm beginning to think that it just not worth it any more.

The reason they are using as their complaint as one Friday I forgot to pick
up a boy. Not this families children. But I did have problem families children with me. I know, It sounds a lot worse than it was. We got to the car in the school car park and I realised I was one short. So I drove the car over to the disabled space which is the closest one to the school. I went to reception and I could see the teacher and boy. They sent said boy out to me. I could see the car from where I was. But they are saying I shouldn't have left the children in the car. I know its stupid but I didn't see the harm
in it. X parents wouldn't really care either if it wasn't for the fact that I'm insisting on them paying four weeks notice. I told the Boys mum what had happened and she wasnt bothered.
But CSSIW didn't care about the money and to be honest I think that they are over reacting.