PDA

View Full Version : Registering Environmental Health

Fabby
29-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Wondering if anyone could help me. Just waiting for my cerificate now and just doing the last few bits and bobs before i start and remembered about having to register with the environmental health because i will be supplying food. Does anyone know what i need to do please? Will they have to come and inspect?

babs
29-03-2010, 02:30 PM
antpop ring up local council they should send u out a form fill it in send it back depends on your local council if they visit .. if u come under newcastle they didnt visit me not sure about stoke tho... hope that helps

Fabby
29-03-2010, 02:32 PM
thanks babs x

nell57
29-03-2010, 03:11 PM
You do have a visit in Stoke, but mine lasted no more than 10 mins, where they checked food was stored safely in the fridge and some basic questions, such as how do you know if a sausage is cooked or not:rolleyes:

lou lou
29-03-2010, 03:17 PM
i filled my form out at christmas and have not heard a thing

Fabby
29-03-2010, 04:16 PM
i spoke to my DO and she is sending me the forms out to complete. she said i may or may not get a visit, so we will see......

Jules27
29-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I filled out a form back in october and had a visit about a month ago, nice lady, asked a few basic questions, gave me a very flashy folder full of words and pictures!!! she was sarcastic about Ofsted and said they would be impressed with the folder coz they like lots of words and pictures lol!!!:laughing:

miffy
29-03-2010, 04:56 PM
This link gives you quite a bit of information and details of how to order the safer food better business pack for childminders.

http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/enforceessential/startingup/childminders/

Miffy xx

teacake2
29-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I have been registered with them for a while but no visit, then in our local free paper from the borough council a few weeks ago, there was a piece that stated that if childminders did not provide food hot food for children then they did not necessarily have to be registered although it was still a good thing to do.
Anyway at 7.15 tonight I had a phone call from EH, they wanted to knowif anything had changed since I first registered, well I do not provide meals at all now parents send packed lunches and they are all collected before tea, she said okay that is fine we won't need to visit you. She also asked me a couple of questions, did I have a thermometer and did I record temperatures on a daily basis? I said yes to both and that I had a chart on my fridge to record temperatures, she said that it would be fine to record them in a diary or even on a calender to save having lots of pieces of paper about, just remember to keep the calenders/diaries with the rest of the papers we have to keep.
They must be trying to catch up with things ringing up at that time of night
Teacake2