PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED registration payments!!

maryp0ppins
29-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm very annoyed, My annual payment to ofsted was due on the 17th, although i was 1 day over due & payed it on the 18th march online with instant payment.
I had a letter a couple of days later but dismissed it as i know they send letters when the payment is due & it stated if i had paid it already, to ignore the letter, so i did....
Saturday morning i got another letter saying they would end my registration if i did not pay within 5 days....well sat & sun they are closed so i was worrying all weekend. Rang them this morning & they said they haven't any record of my payment yet, but told me not to worry as it could take 11 days to go through...:panic: does this mean after 5 days they will take my registration off me????? or as they have be contacted from myself they will waver it as there seems to be a mix up????
I've checked with my bank & it's defo gone through!!!
:panic:

Tina O
29-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Hope you get it sorted, I don't work under OFSTED so can't advise....

PixiePetal
29-03-2010, 02:19 PM
this seems to happen every now and then. A friend was told she had not paid but had not even had an invoice to pay! all was ok so don't worry. Probably a different department dealing with it! :rolleyes:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 02:53 PM
van you not fax them a copy of the payment from your bank as proof?

Daftbat
29-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I would email them to confirm your telephone conversation and tell them the date of payment from your bank. I find it very unlikely that they would end your registration so abruptly - there could be lots of reasons for people making late payments I think its a scaremongering tactic!

Avon
29-03-2010, 04:40 PM
How much is the annual payment? thankx

angiemog
29-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks I'll make sure I pay mine as soon as I get the letter. x