PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Parker - any replies yet?

venus89
29-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I was wondering if any of you who emailed him early on have heard back yet? I see the story is still on the internet and unchanged..... :angry:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2909943/Horror-of-new-Baby-P-victim.html#mySunComments

AliceK
29-03-2010, 12:38 PM
No. No reply yet :angry: :angry:

xxxxx

venus89
29-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope he doesn't just ignore us...... I can't believe the story is still there. Do you know if anyone wrote to anybody else at the Sun?

LisaH
29-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I came on to see if anything had been done, obviously not:panic:

~Chelle~
29-03-2010, 12:44 PM
No reply at all!:angry:

jelly15
29-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I sent my complaint to Andrew Parker and another e-mail address at the Sun and I have had no reply. The Suns "sister" paper, The News of the World", also referred to them as childminders in a small article yesterday.

cabby
29-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I sent my complaint to Andrew Parker and another e-mail address at the Sun and I have had no reply. The Suns "sister" paper, The News of the World", also referred to them as childminders in a small article yesterday.

just read news of the world and they do actually class them as babysitters now, wouldnt be suprised if that was their way of appoligising:angry:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 12:57 PM
no replies yet here either :angry:

venus89
29-03-2010, 12:57 PM

oh no! That's not good.... I couldn't find that article. Could you put up a link for it so we can write to them too?

venus89
29-03-2010, 12:58 PM
just read news of the world and they do actually class them as babysitters now, wouldnt be suprised if that was their way of appoligising:angry:

Good - then I don't need to write and complain! I've nver written a letter of complaint before :blush:

The Juggler
29-03-2010, 01:04 PM
wonder if we could write to the Mirror or one of the broadsheets to get them to do a piece about the Sun putting us CM's in such an awful position by their bad journalism?

sandy64
29-03-2010, 01:08 PM
no just checked email bet they wont reply individualy it would be nice if they wrote an apology in the paper.

venus89
29-03-2010, 01:08 PM
wonder if we could write to the Mirror or one of the broadsheets to get them to do a piece about the Sun putting us CM's in such an awful position by their bad journalism?

Or the Daily Mail - we could get them to start one of their infamous campaigns on our behalf!

jelly15
29-03-2010, 01:15 PM

The article on page 7 of the News of the world does refer to them as babysitters but further down the article it says,"He died at the hands of teenage childminder, Kaley Boleyn, 19". So according to them childminders and babysitters are one and the same.

michellethegooner
29-03-2010, 01:18 PM
nope didnt get a reply either:angry:

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 01:21 PM
awww give the bloke a chance guys - bet he hasn't even got through half of them yet!! lol

I doubt we will get an individual response - perhaps a bog standard message of acknowledgment though.

i saw that in the NoW - seriously sounds like The Sun newgroup or whatever the umberella company is haven't a clue about childminding:rolleyes:

Gizmo
29-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I have spoken to my CDO at SCMA today and she mentioned there had been an official compliant sent to the Sun from them as well

Hebs
29-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I have spoken to my CDO at SCMA today and she mentioned there had been an official compliant sent to the Sun from them as well

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

i agree Pip, maybe he opened his emails and his computer crashed :laughing:

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Yay - good for the SCMA. I have been told that NCMA are on the case too:thumbsup:

Poor bloke - lets hope he doesn't need childcare any time soon eh

beccas
29-03-2010, 06:07 PM
i got this form pcc

Dear Ms Mughal

Thank you for your email.

We would be happy to consider the matter.

Would you be able to confirm under which Clause of the Code you wish to complain? The most relevant may well be Clause 1 (Accuracy).

A copy of the Code of Practice which all newspapers and magazines who subscribe adhere to, can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html

Our aim is to resolve all complaints that raise a possible breach of the Code amicably and quickly. It might be useful if I therefore set out a number of points about our procedures.

- As part of a full and fair investigation we must ensure that each party to a complaint is able to see and comment upon what the other has to say.

- The Commission has a commitment to deal with all complaints as speedily as possible. It expects both complainants and newspapers – and their representatives, legal or otherwise – to cooperate with that commitment. Any unreasonable delay on either side may be taken into account by the Commission.

- We will usually send a copy of each letter of complaint to the editor even if the complaint does not raise a breach of the Code. It is important that editors are aware of criticisms of their publications. Similarly, any substantive decision made by the Commission under the terms of the Code will be sent to the editor.

- The Commission is not able to deal with all complaints. Some of the circumstances in which we may not be able to pursue a complaint are set out on our website.

- It is possible that the Commission may find that your complaint does not amount to a breach of the Code. If this is the case we will explain to you why the Commission took this decision.

- If, at the end of the process, you are dissatisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled, you should write within one month to the independent Charter Commissioner who will investigate the matter and report any findings and recommendations to the Commission. Further details are included on our website.

Further information about the complaints process can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/process.html

Information about our service commitments to complainants can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaint/charter.html.

Further information about the PCC can be found on our website www.pcc.org.uk .

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further advice. When you write to us, please quote our reference number on this email.

Yours sincerely

Simon Yip

simon.yip@pcc.org.uk

Press Complaints Commission

Halton House

20/23 Holborn

London EC1N 2JD

Tel: 020 7831 0022

Alibali
29-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Becca, I got that too - did you agree to it being clause 1 or have you had a look through the rest?

beccas
29-03-2010, 06:45 PM
yes just that they know whatthey talking about i dont

Alibali
29-03-2010, 06:47 PM
yes just that they know whatthey talking about i dont

That's my thoughts too, thanks.

TheBTeam
29-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Yay - good for the SCMA. I have been told that NCMA are on the case too:thumbsup:

:laughing: Hope they move a bit quicker than they did with my email about snow and clearing the drive! Funny how SCMA have done it already and NCMA are still on the case!

~Chelle~
29-03-2010, 07:03 PM
i got this form pcc

Dear Ms Mughal

Thank you for your email.

We would be happy to consider the matter.

Would you be able to confirm under which Clause of the Code you wish to complain? The most relevant may well be Clause 1 (Accuracy).

A copy of the Code of Practice which all newspapers and magazines who subscribe adhere to, can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html

Our aim is to resolve all complaints that raise a possible breach of the Code amicably and quickly. It might be useful if I therefore set out a number of points about our procedures.

- As part of a full and fair investigation we must ensure that each party to a complaint is able to see and comment upon what the other has to say.

- The Commission has a commitment to deal with all complaints as speedily as possible. It expects both complainants and newspapers – and their representatives, legal or otherwise – to cooperate with that commitment. Any unreasonable delay on either side may be taken into account by the Commission.

- We will usually send a copy of each letter of complaint to the editor even if the complaint does not raise a breach of the Code. It is important that editors are aware of criticisms of their publications. Similarly, any substantive decision made by the Commission under the terms of the Code will be sent to the editor.

- The Commission is not able to deal with all complaints. Some of the circumstances in which we may not be able to pursue a complaint are set out on our website.

- It is possible that the Commission may find that your complaint does not amount to a breach of the Code. If this is the case we will explain to you why the Commission took this decision.

- If, at the end of the process, you are dissatisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled, you should write within one month to the independent Charter Commissioner who will investigate the matter and report any findings and recommendations to the Commission. Further details are included on our website.

Further information about the complaints process can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/process.html

Information about our service commitments to complainants can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaint/charter.html.

Further information about the PCC can be found on our website www.pcc.org.uk .

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further advice. When you write to us, please quote our reference number on this email.

Yours sincerely

Simon Yip

simon.yip@pcc.org.uk

Press Complaints Commission

Halton House

20/23 Holborn

London EC1N 2JD

Tel: 020 7831 0022

Just got the same email x

jumpinjen
29-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I had the same reply as beccas and have confirmed that it does come under clause one (accuracy), the e-mail says that they give my e-mail to the editor.... I replied that it won't be a surprise to him as so many have complained already to the journalist!

Jen x

helenlc
29-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I had the same reply as beccas and have confirmed that it does come under clause one (accuracy), the e-mail says that they give my e-mail to the editor.... I replied that it won't be a surprise to him as so many have complained already to the journalist!

Jen x

So Andrew Parker is going to have recieved our barrage of emails and then his editor is going to get the same barrage of emails!!!

Love it!!!:laughing:

Maybe they will check the accuracies of their "labelling" next time!

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 08:22 PM
yep I would go along with 'accuracy' - there certainly wasn't in the use of his word 'childminder'

jelly15
29-03-2010, 09:16 PM
This is all great news. Journalists must be made aware of their responsibility they have. A simple misuse of a word can have a potential damaging effect on people, and in our case, our careers. Thses "educated" people should not use a noun in their published work assuming they know the meaning of it.

jemima
30-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Nope no reply either x

venus89
30-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I had the same email from the PCC and agreed to clause 1. I wonder how many complaints they got in all?