PDA

View Full Version : Dh driving my car ????

It's a small world
29-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Been thinking my car is insured for my business. Dh insured to drive my car so can he drive my car with me and mindees in it or do I have to drive if any mindees with me.

Gizmo
29-03-2010, 11:57 AM
On my insurance I am only allowed to drive it when the mindees are in it

sfox2003
29-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I dont know the answer to this but I have often wondered it myself. Can my DH drive if mindees are in the car. My DH has done a couple of times as when we are together he is the one who always drives. But afterwards Ive wondered if its ok to do.

There are 2 separate issues with it, one is whether youre insured & I think you are if hes a named driver on the policy. The other issue is OFSTED, is it ok with them - I dont know the answer to that one, but I cant see why not as long as you are there too.

Interested to see what other people say.

Curly Quavers
29-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I would say that if you have paying mindees in the car he is not covered by the insurance unless you have specifically added him for business use as well as you to the policy IYSWIM

It's a small world
29-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I got a new Zafira last September and called my insurance company to advise that I would like to change it to cover business usage only to be told that my insurance already covers business usage anyway checked my paperwork and it's right and dh is a named driver. Not a problem as very rarely happen but thought if we decide to go out for day and dh with me he can share driving... Interesting though :rolleyes:

venus89
29-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I have written permission for the mindees to travel in vehicles with me, regardless of who's driving. I'm not sure what the insurance company would say though.....