PDA

View Full Version : My phone rang *yippee*

Gizmo
29-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Got an enquiry today for the first time in ages, to start in August picking up at nursery at lunch time till 4 o'clock 4 days only problem is I only have space on 3 days but I have been thinking I could ask CC for a variation as my dd also starts nursery in August but she will be afternoons so will only be over my numbers for an hour and a half, and it would only be term time so dont need to worry about holidays
Dont know how to ask for variation need help - again
Also Mum is keen to secure place what do I charge for a retainer and is this refundable

Twinklestars
29-03-2010, 11:49 AM
give ofsted a ring or get the variation form from the download area - i might be wrong but i think they are more likely to approve it if you're already having them for continuity of care but saying that I have just had one approved to take on a baby who is my first mindee (i have a 13 week old of my own).

Gizmo
29-03-2010, 12:42 PM
give ofsted a ring or get the variation form from the download area - i might be wrong but i think they are more likely to approve it if you're already having them for continuity of care but saying that I have just had one approved to take on a baby who is my first mindee (i have a 13 week old of my own).

I am in Scotland so it will be Care commission I have just left a message with my cdo so hopefully she will get back to me soon

What do you charge for a retainer fee ???

Alibali
29-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Excellent news:clapping: Hopefully CC will be fine with it, if you've phoned she will probably give you an idea over the phone, then you have to send in a written request outlining how you will care for/transport the children etc.

As for retainer, it's up to you to do what you're happy with - I would charge half fee, but it is quite a long time till August, however if something happened and she didn't take place at least you'll have had some money.

Gizmo
29-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Excellent news:clapping: Hopefully CC will be fine with it, if you've phoned she will probably give you an idea over the phone, then you have to send in a written request outlining how you will care for/transport the children etc.

As for retainer, it's up to you to do what you're happy with - I would charge half fee, but it is quite a long time till August, however if something happened and she didn't take place at least you'll have had some money.

Thanks Ali
I know this sounds a bit think but does a retainer get paid back to the parent I know a deposit does but have just worked it out and its 20 weeks till she needs the space and it works out about £1000 its a lot of money for her to spend out for no child care