PDA

View Full Version : Late payment charges note

twinkle3005
29-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi. Could any of you please help me word a note to parents about late payments. I have a line on my invoices saying that there will be a late payment fee but I now want to put a short note in with parents invoices letting them know they will have a late payment fee added to their next invoice. How do I word this without sounding horrible.

Thanks

LittleAcorns
29-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I'll leave this one to the experts :laughing:

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 09:26 AM
how about:

'oi you, parent..... you are late with me dosh - pay up or else you will regret it'

too harsh I hear you cry..... ok....

Dear Parents
In line with my Late Payment Policy, I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that late payment of fees will incur a penalty payment. Like you I have bills to pay on time and if fees aren't paid, this can often mean my bills incur penalties.
From xxx(date)xxx I will be charging £xx per day/week for fees that are late being paid.

Thank you
xxx

angeldelight
29-03-2010, 09:28 AM
how about:

'oi you, parent..... you are late with me dosh - pay up or else you will regret it'

Dear Parents
In line with my Late Payment Policy, I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that late payment of fees will incur a penalty payment. Like you I have bills to pay on time and if fees aren't paid, this can often mean my bills incur penalties.
From xxx(date)xxx I will be charging £xx per day/week for fees that are late being paid.

Thank you
xxx

Prefer the first letter :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angel9199
29-03-2010, 09:41 AM

How I wish we could send a parent this letter:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

louised
29-03-2010, 10:17 AM
If you have already told them there is a charge for late payments why not just add it to their invoice if they are late paying, that's what I would do. I have the late payment charge written into contracts, never had to use it yet as parents are prompt with payment but if I did I would just add it to the invoice and if parents queried it I'd just remind them of the contract they signed.

twinkle3005
29-03-2010, 12:12 PM
How does this sound?

Dear Parents

Due to payment for week commencing ……………………. being paid late, a charge of .... has been incurred. This will be added onto your next invoice.

Please be reminded that your payments are my income and I rely on these to pay my own expenses on time so as not to incur charges myself.

I'm really struggling with this so any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks

The Juggler
29-03-2010, 01:32 PM
how about:

Dear Parents

Thank you
xxx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: like the first one myself!

Tina O
29-03-2010, 02:50 PM
If you have already told them there is a charge for late payments why not just add it to their invoice if they are late paying, that's what I would do. I have the late payment charge written into contracts, never had to use it yet as parents are prompt with payment but if I did I would just add it to the invoice and if parents queried it I'd just remind them of the contract they signed.

I would go with this, why telll them twice? just put it on the bill as required!

miffy
29-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I would just put "Late payment fees of xxx have been added to this invoice as payment due on (whatever date) was not received until.........." and leave it at that. You don't need to explain yourself.

Miffy xx

Erika
29-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I agree with Miffy. You have already made them aware that late payment incurs a charge, so they shouldn't be surprised when it is added to their bill. If they are surprised then I'm afraid it's tough luck, as the other party to the contract they have a responsibility to read it properly and agree to your policies before they sign, it's hardly your fault if they don't. They'd soon complain if you didn't adhere to one of your responsibilities in the contract.