PDA

View Full Version : Own website - is it worth it and how do you go about creating one?

Cazz
28-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Now I've got my inspection out of the way I can start thinking about other things and as there are currently 9 childminders in our town and not many enquiries I'm trying to advertise as much as possible.

I've just upgraded to Gold membership on childcare.co.uk but have been sitting here thinking about a website.

As many of you know I am completely useless when it comes to computers so how would someone like me go about creating a website? Is it expensive to do and do you honestly think it's worthwhile and likely to bring some business in?

babs
28-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm in the process of having a website built at the moment, courtesy of Pauline.......... cause i wouldnt have a clue..

beccas
28-03-2010, 08:41 PM
pauline did mine i think it cost round under £50 and i all i did was send her a load of stuff and she did the rest she has lots of different designs also. heres mine

www.safensoundchildmindinginwath.co.uk

theres a link on here with all details dont knwo if it is in on main page you will have o pm her and she will tell you where to look.

Chell
28-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I did mine with Mr Site. I chose the name of my town and the word childminder as my name/address so it went to the first page of Google for those terms very quickly.

It was very easy to set up.

suzyblue
29-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I did mine with microsoft live. Its free and easy to set up. Go for it!!

Twinklestars
29-03-2010, 10:23 AM
i did mine through doyourownsite.co.uk, it cost me £9.99 for the site www.driffieldchildminder.co.uk and then is 2.99 a month, it was really easy to do and you can update it whenever you want. I have just bought some window stickers for the cars too so hopefully i'll get some enquiries from them, just thought someone might like to have a look at website before calling and no others seem to have one near me

Cazz
29-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for your replies :thumbsup:

I didn't realise that Pauline did websites for other people - when on earth does she get time for that? :huh:

I'll give it a bit more thought and then contact Pauline to find out what she would need from me if I went ahead.

Thank you all.

tas
29-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I did mine through freewebs.com its very easy to build and also free no fees, unless you want your own web address (domain name) I paid £25ish for mine but it lasts for 2years and freewebs host it for free

Graham
29-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I didn't realise that Pauline did websites for other people - when on earth does she get time for that? :huh:

It keeps her out of mischief while I am watching football. :clapping:

You can read about her websites here:

http://www.childminderswebsites.co.uk/

Pauline
29-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I did mine through freewebs.com its very easy to build and also free no fees, unless you want your own web address (domain name) I paid £25ish for mine but it lasts for 2years and freewebs host it for free

£25 for a domain name for 2 years is awful, the most you should be paying is £3 - £4 per year :panic:

tas
29-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi Pauline
well I think it was £25 will have to take a look as I thought it was quite good as had no other charges for hosting, guess ill search around the net next time its due :blush: