PDA

View Full Version : How will this work?

aly
28-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Lewis was 5 in Feb and he is in reception as of sept 09.

Poppy will be 3 in august and start nursery.
the year after she will be 4 in august and be in reception in september so will she be classed as 5 even though she has just turned 4 and will be in full time recption?/

This reception and classing as 5 confuses me :littleangel:

Chimps Childminding
28-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi, even tho she is only 4 in August, once she starts school FULL TIME (ie full days in Reception class) she will count as one of your over 5's.

If like our school they only do part days to start with she will still be one of your under 5's until she is there all day. I think :blush:

SammyM
28-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes thats right, as long as they are in reception class (ie full time school, doesn't matter about the initial settling in days) they are classed as rising 5's.

x

aly
28-03-2010, 01:01 PM
yeah usually 2 weeks they do part-time.

thanks both....:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
28-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes thats right, as long as they are in reception class (ie full time school, doesn't matter about the initial settling in days) they are classed as rising 5's.

x

I thought they didn't count as over 5's until they were ACTUALLY at school ALL day, not when they do just part days to start with, I thought then they still counted as under 5's??

Can anyone clarify?? just that last year I told a mum I couldn't take her lo until 21st Sept as the lo I had starting school wouldn't be going full time until then so didn't move up an age group, meaning I didn't have a space until she did :huh:

breezy
28-03-2010, 07:06 PM
They have to be in FULL TIME school :)

manjay
28-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Standard 13.4 states that the child has to attend 10 early education sessions a week for them to be classed as 5. So this would be when they start full days in Reception. My ds is 4 in May and will start reception in September. He has however been attending Nursery half days for 12 months so our school goes straight into full days.

hth x

Chimps Childminding
28-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks, thats what I thought!!! Was afraid I had done myself out of 2 weeks work by waiting till lo started FULL time to take on new one!:blush:

aly
28-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Yep it is full days as i had to check for lewis last sept.

Manjay, lewis was the same 12 months in nursery but they still did the settling in...9-11.30 1st week, 2nd week 9-2 :rolleyes:...lol

manjay
28-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Yep it is full days as i had to check for lewis last sept.

Manjay, lewis was the same 12 months in nursery but they still did the settling in...9-11.30 1st week, 2nd week 9-2 :rolleyes:...lol

Our Nursery and Reception are in the same class so not really much benefit of half days in September! Finally I will have 3 under 5 spaces:clapping: but my last baby will be at school:(

aly
28-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Our Nursery and Reception are in the same class so not really much benefit of half days in September! Finally I will have 3 under 5 spaces:clapping: but my last baby will be at school:(

I know I said that to si and he was like :huh:
couldnt comprehend it lol.

manjay
28-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I know I said that to si and he was like :huh:
couldnt comprehend it lol.

Think it might be time for me to retire:laughing: ;)