PDA

View Full Version : Do you all think the early years inspections being privitised will change inspections

happy days
28-03-2010, 11:26 AM
hello

Was reading who minds yesterday, and noticed that they are advertising the fact, that ofsted have given contracts to two different companies, for early years inspections. I was wondering if anyone thinks this will make a difference, and hopefully if it will make it a fairer system?
gabriellle

miffy
28-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure I think it will be fairer - there will be two separate businesses involved.

I have a feeling that inspections will be quicker - these are private firms and time = money! Hopefully they will also be more efficient and inspectors won't be covering such huge areas as they do atm.

I don't think the system improved when Ofsted took over from the under 8's departments so I don't see why it should improve now.

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-03-2010, 12:02 PM
One concern is going to be how much training the new providers are going to get and whether it is consistent across the country. :D

Heaven Scent
28-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure I think it will be fairer - there will be two separate businesses involved.

I have a feeling that inspections will be quicker - these are private firms and time = money! Hopefully they will also be more efficient and inspectors won't be covering such huge areas as they do atm.

I don't think the system improved when Ofsted took over from the under 8's departments so I don't see why it should improve now.

Miffy xx

I think it is a huge worry now that they have been privatised I know that one company is a training company but what is the other????

I'd like to know under what grounds these companies are qualified to carry out inspections of Establishments providing Childcare and what criteria they will have to meet to continue to hold the contract - how many hoops will Ofsted get them to jump through. I bet they will have lots of targets to meet. - and I worry what impact that will have on us :panic: :panic: :panic:

TheBTeam
28-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I heard they were just taking on the current ofsted inspectors so i expect very little to change!

sonia ann
28-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I heard they were just taking on the current ofsted inspectors so i expect very little to change!

thats how I understood it....

youarewhatyoueat
28-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Thats what it says in the article about the current inspectors working for the private company, but thats if they want to!! what if their contracts/pensions etc are not as good they may not want to work for a private company. I watch with interest as my inspection will be due after the take over.

Kelly
28-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I have seen adverts for inspectors and the rate was £250 per day! I'm sure the current inspectors will want to keep their current jobs! I think I may finnish my degree and apply.....:laughing: :laughing: