PDA

View Full Version : NVQ3

jackie__1981
19-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Is it possible to do the NVQ3 online? Or is it a classroom only thing?

If it's a classroom only thing, is there something that would be the equvillent that could be done online?

Once I get the ok from my landlord that I can do childminding from the house I would like to start the registration process going and also start doing some studying. My son is only 20 months and I am currently working full time so I would need a course that I can fit in on evenings and weekend.

Any ideas?

sarah707
19-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I did the nvq3 home study which meant an assessor visited me every month to do observations and help me with my paperwork.

Or if you want company, you can do it through a local college.

I would wait for the course and ask then as the people taking the course will be local and will know what's on offer with budgets and funding etc :D

Noodles
19-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I also completed my NVQ at home and my assessor visited every couple of weeks. Only ever went to college once for the information evening.:)

Deb
21-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi, mine is a combination really; and cost about 800.00, but I got funding through the Transformation Fund. I have been to college 3 evenings for an induction and do the rest at home. There are workshops for each of the modules if I need/want further information and these are held 3 times a year for each mandatory module and I can just drop in when I want to.

Good luck, but dont put too much on your plate - registration and getting all your planning, policies and procedures in place is quite an arduous task.

Tily Bud
21-03-2008, 10:04 PM
i started mine last tuesday, it is going to be mainly home study with one evening a month group work at the local adult education centre x to be honest though it is all as clear as mud :eek: i even bought the book today for £19.99 and that didnt make it any clearer :eek:

manjay
21-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Mine is completely home based. I was going to start this week but the assessor fell off her horse and broke her finger so couldn't come to see me:rolleyes:

amanda xx

miffy
21-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Mine is completely home based. I was going to start this week but the assessor fell off her horse and broke her finger so couldn't come to see me:rolleyes:

amanda xx

Can't see why a broken finger should stop her! How long have you got to wait then?

I did mine through college and we had one evening a week for a term - tbh that was a complete waste of time so you are probably better off doing it completely from home

Miffy xx

manjay
21-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Can't see why a broken finger should stop her! How long have you got to wait then?

I did mine through college and we had one evening a week for a term - tbh that was a complete waste of time so you are probably better off doing it completely from home

Miffy xx

She was due the day after it happened so she had to back to the hospital to have it pinned!! She is off now for a couple of weeks so it will be middle of April.

I can do without going to college aswell. i am going to get some help from my friend who has done level 4 CCLD aswell

amanda xx

miffy
21-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm sure your friend will be very useful but you'll be fine - have you chosen your optional units yet?

Miffy xx

manjay
21-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm sure your friend will be very useful but you'll be fine - have you chosen your optional units yet?

Miffy xx

No. I haven't had anything from them yet as they had to receive my voucher for funding before I could start. I think I will forget about it until after easter. I have the network paperwork to fill in at the moment so have enough to keep me going

amanda xx

miffy
21-03-2008, 10:24 PM
No. I haven't had anything from them yet as they had to receive my voucher for funding before I could start. I think I will forget about it until after easter. I have the network paperwork to fill in at the moment so have enough to keep me going

amanda xx

You seem very busy - don't do things by halves do you? Good luck with it all

miffy xx