PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin............

SparklingGems
27-03-2010, 11:15 PM
What paperwork should I have ready for starting with my first mindee after easter.

So far I have given mum a parent pack (about me, fees, daily activities etc)
Child info form.

I have 23 policies done and a few permissions and that it.

Can anyone give me any tips please?

Avon
27-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Can you pm me a list of your policies so I can write them down and shamelessly steal them ?!?!;)
Just starting with this new fangled childminding and never had to do all this when I used to mind! I can work on mine then as I progress through the process of re-registering!

Tam's Tribe
28-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Can you pm me a list of your policies so I can write them down and shamelessly steal them ?!?!;)
Just starting with this new fangled childminding and never had to do all this when I used to mind! I can work on mine then as I progress through the process of re-registering!

You will find very useful information www.bromleycma.org.uk, when I first started, this is where I got help with my:

Risk Assessments http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

and

Policies and Procedures http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

and

Permissions http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/outings.html

Plus so much more!!

Tam's Tribe
28-03-2010, 06:58 AM
What paperwork should I have ready for starting with my first mindee after easter.

So far I have given mum a parent pack (about me, fees, daily activities etc)
Child info form.

I have 23 policies done and a few permissions and that it.

Can anyone give me any tips please?

Good Morning

When a parent wants to sign up, for the meeting I have the following ready:

Contract (NCMA)
Child Record Form (NCMA)
Policies & Procedure Sheet for parent to sign*
Permission Slips for parent to sign **
Introduction Meeting Info Sheet
All about me (Early Years Passport)***

Parents folder with a copy of above info in for them to take home.

The Parent Folder is an extra service, which has gone down well with my parents. Everything already organised for them. I do have a proper office photocopier (luckily acquired when I was made redundant) so it is quick and cheap (also acquired a lifetime of toner :thumbsup: ) for me to do.

* Parent keeps the Policies & Procedures booklet but I have listed all 30 x P&P on a sheet of paper for parent to sign and that goes with the above into my child folder. I photocopy for parent's folder.

** I normally give the P&P and Permissions Slips to parents as soon as they decide to use my service but before we sign contracts so they have time to read. Also photocopied for Parent Folder.

*** a fantastic document that I picked up from the forum which Mrs Ofsted loved. Basically it is a fact finding information all about the LO, including photos which is the basis of my EYFS Planning. I put a copy in the child folder as well as in my Learning Journal.

Good Luck!

Lovies
Tam
x

hop04
28-03-2010, 07:19 AM
have you got a copy or link to the all about me booklet? That's the only thing I'm missing....! Thanks x

SparklingGems
28-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Good Morning

When a parent wants to sign up, for the meeting I have the following ready:

Contract (NCMA)
Child Record Form (NCMA)
Policies & Procedure Sheet for parent to sign*
Permission Slips for parent to sign **
Introduction Meeting Info Sheet
All about me (Early Years Passport)***

Parents folder with a copy of above info in for them to take home.

The Parent Folder is an extra service, which has gone down well with my parents. Everything already organised for them. I do have a proper office photocopier (luckily acquired when I was made redundant) so it is quick and cheap (also acquired a lifetime of toner :thumbsup: ) for me to do.

* Parent keeps the Policies & Procedures booklet but I have listed all 30 x P&P on a sheet of paper for parent to sign and that goes with the above into my child folder. I photocopy for parent's folder.

** I normally give the P&P and Permissions Slips to parents as soon as they decide to use my service but before we sign contracts so they have time to read. Also photocopied for Parent Folder.

*** a fantastic document that I picked up from the forum which Mrs Ofsted loved. Basically it is a fact finding information all about the LO, including photos which is the basis of my EYFS Planning. I put a copy in the child folder as well as in my Learning Journal.

Good Luck!

Lovies
Tam
x

Hi Tam thank you so much for that fantastic info. You sound so organised. Would you possibly be able to send me a copy of the form I have coloured red it sounds perfect.

Do You just use a4 files as childs folders?

SparklingGems
28-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Alcohol & Drugs Policy
Accident and Emergency
Administering Medication
Behaviour Policy
Complaints Policy
Confidentiality Policy
Equal Ops Policy inc Inclusion
Fire Evacuation
Health and Safety Policy
Healthy eating
Missing Child
Nappy and potty training Policy
No Smoking Policy
Outing Policy
Physical Contact
Premises and Security
Safeguarding Children
Settling In Policy
Sick Child Policy
Special Needs Policy
Sun Protection Policy
Uncollected Child Policy
Working with Parents Policy

Avon
28-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Gosh, thank you ladies! Bookmarking this thread!