PDA

View Full Version : What do you think...is there anything I can do?

Tatjana
27-03-2010, 09:11 PM
We have 'capital funding' on offer from our council, to be able to apply you need to be regisgtered for a year and have children on roll, it is available until March 2011.

I will be registered for a year on April 22nd but am starting maternity leave (for 9 months) as from 19th April. I have phoned the council with regard to this and been informed I cannot apply as I will not meet the criteria.

Now, to me I am being discriminated for being pregnant and taking maternity leave as that is the only reason I will not be meeting the criteria. Surely in this day and age this is wrong...but what can I do about it??

Does anyone agree it's not right or fair? Do you think it's worth me asking ncma about it?

xx

Hebs
27-03-2010, 09:13 PM
tell them its discrimination and you'll go to the papers :thumbsup:

mama2three
27-03-2010, 09:18 PM
how likely are they to check your maternity arrangements? cant you say you are finishing a couple of weeks later? Are you terminating all the contracts. ( almost put terminating the children but that sounded awful!) if so put the finishing date as a week later but take the last week as unpaid holiday.

Mookins
27-03-2010, 09:25 PM
how rude...id ave words hun...:mad:

FussyElmo
28-03-2010, 08:51 AM
On the other side are they thinking you might not go back after maternity and then you get funding for nothing.

BUT I would strongly argue the case as it is discrimatory :)

miffy
28-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Apply for the funding, put your case in writing and then if they turn you down appeal.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
28-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I think I will make some noise about it and see how it goes!

xx

grindal
28-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I have been thinking about this today. I dont think you are being discrinminated against because you are pregnant - but cos you have not been minding for a year. However, assuming you intend to remain registered what is to stop you applying for the next deadline? OK, so you will not have a mindee on your books at the time, but at least you will meet the requirements of minding for a year?