PDA

View Full Version : eyfs conference , nottingham

mama2three
27-03-2010, 08:46 PM
is anyone else going on Tuesday? Its the one Pip posted for us all , by 4children. it would be good to meet up....and I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested as the minder i was going with cant make it.

mama2three
29-03-2010, 02:36 PM
just bumping up. hope im not the only minder there...

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 03:34 PM
are you doing what you were asked?:D :thumbsup:

mama2three
29-03-2010, 03:37 PM
yes , kind of. taking some photo files with me of activities , and planning etc and will take part in a question / answer session , but not prepare anything to say iyswim. Or i may hide in the loo. :panic: was hoping other minders would be there for backup!!

Pipsqueak
29-03-2010, 04:17 PM
yes , kind of. taking some photo files with me of activities , and planning etc and will take part in a question / answer session , but not prepare anything to say iyswim. Or i may hide in the loo. :panic: was hoping other minders would be there for backup!!

Good on you:clapping: :clapping: It needs more people like you to stand up and be counted telling the rest of the sector - this is what we do and do well:clapping:

let us know how it goes

miffy
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM
How did this go, Kath?

Miffy xx

mama2three
01-04-2010, 07:30 AM
morning miffy , i cant quite decide!
the first session was good , lots of stats about the improvements in attainments since eyfs came in..also that there are no planned changes , though of course a new government may have differing ideas!
There were mainly childrens centre coordinators etc there so they kind of ruled the roost and most conversations centred around them. there was an interesting speaker looking at extended services but dont think he actually knew what a cm was!!
The afternoon session was led by Jacky from our ncma area , but at very short notice - and although it was meant to be a local case study ' inclusive play' it was infact a promotional ncma video really! I did give my tuppen'th and my learning journals and displays showing inclusive play were on the delegates tables for them to look through. a few were very surprised by them :clapping: and the level of educational involvement we have, dont know why they should be surprised , they have know for ages we follow eyfs in the same way they do!
there was a chance for questions afterwards , supposed to be how we can work together for mutual benefit... the only question was 'where can i get those stickers ( the area ones from ncma are in my journals)' which kind of sums it up really. to top it off my eldest had been poorly all day when i got home , and supposed to be looking after Q. he didnt want me to miss my training by ringing me , bless him. not that id actually have missed much!
Kx

mamasheshe
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
i went to the Norwich one and it was similar bit of an odd day if I'm honest:blush: . their was no NCMA talker either just infant schools not really relevant to CM ing. though they where really pleased i was their to represent childminders :rolleyes: