PDA

View Full Version : Ryan, 3...Murdered by the childminders..

Kelly
27-03-2010, 11:35 AM
When I saw this headline in the Sun this morning, my heart sank, I instictively knew that the story would not be referring to a registered childminder and of course it isn't, it makes me sooo mad :angry: The child was murdered by 'a trusted close family friend' who the mother paid £40 per week to look after the LO.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hebs
27-03-2010, 11:39 AM
we need to complain :angry:

balloon
27-03-2010, 11:59 AM
It's a scummy sensationalist sleaze-paper who've (as usual) used a scummy sensationalist headline to grab buyers.

Nobody worth their salt will take any notice of it. x

auntym
27-03-2010, 12:04 PM
yes we do but how?

sillysausage
27-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Well I've sent an email complaining to the sun and to the ncma. The NCMA are there to fight our corner and they do react to negative press reports.

Kelly
27-03-2010, 12:18 PM
yes we do but how?

Ask NCMA to on our behalf?

Blackhorse
27-03-2010, 12:20 PM
do you think we could do a letter from the forum (with pauline's permission?)

someone write a letter and then we sign it all ...or at least put our name to it.
one copy to go out to NCMA one to SCMA and one to the Sun.
maybe even Morton Michel (not sure what they do apart from insure sone of us so really dont know)

the longer the list of names the better....

if that is not ok to do via the forum, please let us know Pauline (or mods)
dont want to cause any trouble just think we should complain about the way the word childminder is being used!!

let me know what you all think.

Cammie Doodle
27-03-2010, 12:23 PM
If Pauline ok's this count me in . Hubby furious and want me to write to the Sun, NCMA and Ofsted

Blackhorse
27-03-2010, 12:25 PM
oh I forgot about Ofsted...and the Care Commission..

maybe they should get a copy too?

Pauline
27-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I've no objection at all. I hate it when the word childminder is used in these circumstances, yet let it be good news and we never get a mention!

Not sure how a list of names would work though.

Other alternative is for every member to write to the Sun and complain, a few thousand emails and they might take notice.

Cammie Doodle
27-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Good Idea Pauline, maybe someone will draw up a letter that we could we can download and send to the Sun, Ofsted, N/SCMA :thumbsup:

jelly15
27-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Have already emailed The Sun, see thread "This has made me so cross", for what I wrote and where I sent it.

helenlc
27-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I've no objection at all. I hate it when the word childminder is used in these circumstances, yet let it be good news and we never get a mention!

Not sure how a list of names would work though.

Other alternative is for every member to write to the Sun and complain, a few thousand emails and they might take notice.

I am up for doing this.

I, too, believe more individual emails will stand out more than one letter with lots of names on the bottom.

This is the email address of the "journalist" who wrote the article:

a.parker@the-sun.co.uk

I have not obtained this email in any wrong way - it is at the bottom of the article online.

Lets all said him a piece of our minds shall we??:angry:

(Pauline, maybe we could start a new thread/re-word the title of this one so it is clear that the email address is in it to send complaints to?)

sandy64
27-03-2010, 12:48 PM
its so sad poor little boy it needs to be illegal to look after any child unless your registered. and yet again childminders are given a bad name i would like to add my name or email let me no what you all think best action is.

The Juggler
27-03-2010, 12:54 PM
do you think we could do a letter from the forum (with pauline's permission?)

someone write a letter and then we sign it all ...or at least put our name to it.
one copy to go out to NCMA one to SCMA and one to the Sun.
maybe even Morton Michel (not sure what they do apart from insure sone of us so really dont know)

the longer the list of names the better....

if that is not ok to do via the forum, please let us know Pauline (or mods)
dont want to cause any trouble just think we should complain about the way the word childminder is being used!!

let me know what you all think.

yes, or better than to the Sun, to the press ombudsman or whoever controls the guidelines for the press these days

Pauline
27-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I am up for doing this.

I, too, believe more individual emails will stand out more than one letter with lots of names on the bottom.

This is the email address of the "journalist" who wrote the article:

a.parker@the-sun.co.uk

I have not obtained this email in any wrong way - it is at the bottom of the article online.

Lets all said him a piece of our minds shall we??:angry:

(Pauline, maybe we could start a new thread/re-word the title of this one so it is clear that the email address is in it to send complaints to?)

This is Jelly's thread and the email she sent is part way down:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55695

Perhaps you could do me a favour Helen and start a new thread with these details and your info too? I am just off out for a little while.

One thing I would also ask everyone, if you are going to email please make your point but keep it polite and civil, wouldn't want any nasty emails associated with the Forum. :thumbsup:

helenlc
27-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, I for one, have just emailled Mr Parker at The Sun about his use of the word "childminder".

Please follow suit:

a.parker@the-sun.co.uk

michellethegooner
27-03-2010, 01:42 PM
have sent an email as well.

Mollymop
27-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I have sent an emial today as well and I posted it all over facebook so that at least everyone in my area knows it is not due to registered childminders/childcare.

Poor little ryan:( :( :( :(

TheBTeam
27-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I too have emailed using the address provided on other thread, I noticed one of the comments below by some other uneducated person saying more or less that is what you for trusting non family with the care of your child:mad: :angry:

Isnt it more often the case that it is family where some awful things like this happen!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
27-03-2010, 05:44 PM
i read this article to and it made me mad i shall be sending an email to

WibbleWobble
27-03-2010, 05:47 PM
me too...

poor little lad.