PDA

View Full Version : Easter Gifts

terrydoo73
27-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I have a little mindee who is 4 and only comes during term time so yesterday was her last day before Easter. I prepared in advance and bought her a lovely large Smarties Easter Egg in pink - it was gorgeous even if I say it myself. She has a younger brother who doesn't come to me but I bought him a Toy Story egg as well.

Mum comes to collect her yesterday - after the child telling me that she was going early as she had to have a sleep because they were going out last night - anyway it was just an hour earlier although I know for a fact that the mum's school (is a teacher) finished at 12 so that was 4 hours after this - probably went out to lunch/shopping etc. Anyway she hands me over this envelope saying she wasn't for buying eggs this year and this was for my daughter (aged 9). I said thanks but was a bit thrown as I had placed my eggs into her hand by this - just wondered did she not want the eggs!

Got inside and handed it to my daughter (was her birthday yesterday) who is 9 and she opened up the card - a book token for £5. Lovely! Not - the date of issue was for February 08. I don't know if this is still valid 2 years on but it was this thought that hit me - did she forget to get something or was it her way of fobbing me off that she is not happy with my services? Normally she is quite good but lately I have noticed a sort of cooling attitude towards me and I am worried I have done something to offend her.

Have been thinking about it since it happened and I just don't know what to do.