PDA

View Full Version : I do no work!!

grindal
26-03-2010, 10:18 PM
When mindees mum collected him this afternoon she remarked on how tired she was, and that she was looking forward to the Easter holidays. I agreed and said I was tired too, and she said "yes, but at least you are not working" :angry:

Hmmm - not sure what she thinks I do with her son all day every day.

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 10:20 PM
When mindees mum collected him this afternoon she remarked on how tired she was, and that she was looking forward to the Easter holidays. I agreed and said I was tired too, and she said "yes, but at least you are not working" :angry:

Hmmm - not sure what she thinks I do with her son all day every day.

:laughing: :laughing:

What an insult - I would have had to ask what she thought you were doing looking after her son

What a cheeky so and so

There are always going to be people like this though - Rude

Angel xx

babs
26-03-2010, 10:25 PM
has she been on mumsnet reading:laughing: :laughing: cus all we do is go shopping and drink coffee u know....

TheBTeam
27-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I would have said, well arent you the fool for paying me for doing nothing then!

Some people need a kick up the bum, one mum this week was a little surprised when i showed her her sons learning journey, because although i told them in writing and verbally that i do them I dont think she grasped the reality of it all!

grindal
27-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Its funny isnt it - she knows what i do with her son and she will admit it is hard work - but somehow it is not hard work for me! Just fun fun fun!!

Avon
27-03-2010, 04:15 PM
ask her if she wants to swap for a day!

WibbleWobble
27-03-2010, 05:26 PM
flippin heck!

loocyloo
27-03-2010, 08:29 PM
when my own children talk about daddy going to work, and mindees talk about mummy and daddy going to work i always say '' i am at work, my work is looking after children '' :D

one of my mums emailed me the other day, and said she had been working 11hour days (3 days a week) and that was why she hadn't told me XYZ. i so nearly emailed her back and said, i work 11 hour days too, 5 days a week, not to mention the work i do at weekends! but i was good and didn't! :littleangel:

Tatjana
27-03-2010, 09:00 PM
So what does she pay you for then?! Ugh, what a cheek!:rolleyes:

Then again, it's always easy when someone else does it!

xx

auntym
27-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Winds me up when someone says that, i get from people, "well you dont GO OUT to work do you?" well you try changing ur house into a creche with your shopping bill exceeding your bank balance and walking and playing and creating and reading and painting and changing and wiping :laughing:
still gotta love it tho lol

Erika
29-03-2010, 08:01 PM
This really flipping gets on my wick. Does she even bother to read your inspection reports and what you are required to do as a childminder? It never fails to surprise me how parents seem to think their childminders are nothing more than glorified babysitters. Childminding isn't what it once was all those years ago, and even then before the days of realms of paperwork and being mini school teachers it was no easy task! I appreciate everything my childminder does for my kids and all the hard work she has to put in.

LeanneC
30-03-2010, 04:42 PM
This really flipping gets on my wick. Does she even bother to read your inspection reports and what you are required to do as a childminder? It never fails to surprise me how parents seem to think their childminders are nothing more than glorified babysitters. Childminding isn't what it once was all those years ago, and even then before the days of realms of paperwork and being mini school teachers it was no easy task! I appreciate everything my childminder does for my kids and all the hard work she has to put in.

:clapping: I like you.... :thumbsup: an appreciation for childminders work...Thankyou. If everyone was like that life would be fab!! bot then we wouldnt have anything to moan about on here lol