PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaws

It's a small world
26-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I was given a fireman sam jigsaw ( 20 pieces) yesterday. No cover picture just in a clear plastic bag. My ds 2.5 has sat on my floor and made this jigsaw pulled it apart and redone it 5 times in 10 mins without any help despite having no picture for guideance . Not sure if this us something amazing (well it is for me ) and I'm going to use it for his next obs ( I do a learning journal for him too) think I might do lacing cards for next steps or something on this lines. Is this clever for his age or should he be doing this kind of jigsaw instead of the peg ones iyswim ?? Any other ideas on next steps ???

PixiePetal
26-03-2010, 05:58 PM
That's pretty good :)

I have puzzles (12 and 24 pieces in a set) says 3+

Some mindees and my DD when she was a tot were really good.
At 18 months i used to mix all my wooden 'knob' puzzles up and DD did them all straight off - about 10 puzzles with between 5 and 20 pieces each.

Mindee who has now gone to school was doing 35 pieces by 2 1/2 and 50-100 pieces by 4 1/2! Needed the pics for those. He had always been a very good one for concentrating and completing tasks without getting frustrated.

I do puzzles myself so enjoy watching children do them :thumbsup:

babs
26-03-2010, 07:16 PM
i brought a wooden jigsaw from local charity shop in a bag no picture... 24 pieces but odd shapes and has holes in middle.. took me and hubby 20 minutes to do it ...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
26-03-2010, 08:26 PM
i brought a wooden jigsaw from local charity shop in a bag no picture... 24 pieces but odd shapes and has holes in middle.. took me and hubby 20 minutes to do it ...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mookins
26-03-2010, 08:28 PM
i have no patience for puzzles my daughter claps me when ive done one as she knows im useless at them :blush: and have great respect for anyone who can do them
especialy lo's

well done

x x

babs
26-03-2010, 08:32 PM
heres a picture of it ... if u look closely someones put alphabet on it but missed pieces out. well that didnt work i have no idea how to put pictures on here :laughing: i give up ive done it before i just checked .... can anyone see a picture in my post...

miffy
26-03-2010, 10:03 PM
heres a picture of it ... if u look closely someones put alphabet on it but missed pieces out. well that didnt work i have no idea how to put pictures on here :laughing: i give up ive done it before i just checked .... can anyone see a picture in my post...

I can't see a picture Babs, sorry!

Miffy xx

Bitsy Beans
27-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd say that was very good for a 2.5 year old. My son was like that but my two mindees who are both 3.5 years old just cannot get to grips with even basic puzzles.

As for next steps hmmmmm I'd guess I'd just go with more complicated puzzles eg ones with more pieces.