PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with websites????

smithya85
26-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Hello,

I dont have a website as ive just become registered. I dont have any mindess yet and wondered if those of you with websites can tell me whether you've found your websites useful in finding new mindees? or is it more for info for parents after an initial meeting? Not sure whether I should get a website or not?! any advice appreciated!!

Amy x

sarah707
26-03-2010, 03:46 PM
A website is lovely for pointing potential customers to, so they can find out more about you before they come and see you.

It does take a while to get in the google ratings though so you don't just come up immediately.

You can do lots of other things to get noticed such as join www.childcare.co.uk or put yourself on the Google listings.

Our forum owner Pauline makes some lovely websites very reasonable prices.

Or you could look at www.webs.com and other free sites if you can do one yourself.

Hth :D

Graham
26-03-2010, 04:08 PM
It doesn't matter what business it is, from my point of view if I want to buy something or want to use a business I always look on line to see if they have got a website so that I can get some information on them to help me make a decision about using their services.

Sarah is right it is good to be able to point prospect customers to your website so that they can have a look at the pictures of your setting, your prices, policies etc., if you've done a good job with your website and they like what they see they will be more likely to contact you as they feel they already know lots about you.

singlewiththree
26-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm one of two people in my area with a website and get loads of enquiries from it and usually end up passing them on to those without sites.

I'm lucky to have been able to buy a good name which comes up high in the search engines. I use a microsoft small business website which is free too.

Bushpig
26-03-2010, 05:10 PM
It helps LOADS.

It's great as a tool which tells the prospective parents all about you and your setting etc.... plus I have been told that they thought my website was so professional, they knew I would be too.... so it immediately puts a tick next to your name :D

Go for it! :thumbsup:

RedDragon
26-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I get loads of enquires from mine.

I am with webs.com which is free.

I don't know how much Pauline charges but when I saw 1 of her finished ones I was very impressed - so much so if I hadn't already done mine (took me hours!), I would have definitely paid to have one done by Pauline.

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 05:42 PM
i love my website!

nothing else to say

sarah said it all

ask pauline..she does lovely ones.:littleangel:

Graham
26-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't know how much Pauline charges but when I saw 1 of her finished ones I was very impressed - so much so if I hadn't already done mine (took me hours!), I would have definitely paid to have one done by Pauline.

Pauline charges £35, all the information is on here.

http://www.childminderswebsites.co.uk/

Ms WG
26-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Pauline's websites are brilliant

Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!