PDA

View Full Version : You are going to love the latest Mumsnet offering

dobby
26-03-2010, 11:45 AM
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/936171-to-think-that-if-you-are-a-paid-childminder-you?msgid=19063531

Lovely :(

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i am gob smacked!

i just cant comment:mad: :angry:

doodles
26-03-2010, 11:56 AM
She hasnt got a clue :mad:

sandy64
26-03-2010, 11:59 AM
well thats it then off to coffee shop lol:laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 12:00 PM
i have read it again now i have calmed down...

i am glad she isnt one of my parents! she seems to be the sort of person who "employs" her childminders! she probably calls them her "help"

still cross

Fabby
26-03-2010, 12:03 PM
HAHAHAHA funny is that. Does make me angry though. I haven't even started minding yet but i know it is certainly not going be an easy ride....... but very enjoyable x

mama2three
26-03-2010, 12:04 PM
just a troll with too little to do! how awful her life must be if her idea of fun is winding up childminders on a friday morning!

cabby
26-03-2010, 12:05 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: me and another childminder meet up at each others houses at least once a week for coffee, am i supposed to stop that now and just sit at home all day,:angry:

Adiamond
26-03-2010, 12:06 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Really don't know what to say :angry: x

dobby
26-03-2010, 12:08 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: me and another childminder meet up at each others houses at least once a week for coffee, am i supposed to stop that now and just sit at home all day,:angry:

Its allright Karen you are out of sight so you can keep it secret :laughing:

Luckily it seems most folk are on our side :rolleyes:

Avon
26-03-2010, 12:11 PM
gosh she really got a bashing with her comment didn't she! I really enjoyed reading that, made me laugh out loud! She has no clue and everyone really enjoyed pointing that out ;D
Anyway, I am off to practice with my kids in coffee shops, its obviously a requirement of childminding nowadays!:laughing:

cabby
26-03-2010, 12:13 PM
i dont have the lo's on show in a buggy, i hide them in a big rucksack:laughing: :laughing: oh and i only take them out if its dark and i know i wont be seen:laughing:

Blackhorse
26-03-2010, 12:17 PM
my DD loves going to the coffee shop more than I do!!

but to be honest here now I do believe that there ARE chidlminders out there that dont look after the kids properly and maybe do more of their own things than for the kids.
they dont go to the shop and do colours and counting etc they just do what they need to do and take children along. And since we dont know the parent nor the childminder in question it is hard to judge who is in the wrong here.

It upsets me thought that is the ALL childminders that are given a bad name and reputation ...they just look for one bad example to go on a witch hunt.

what about all the great things childminders do and offer????
maybe we should start a thread on it ourselves

AliceK
26-03-2010, 12:31 PM

No you are not to sit at home all day because if you do we all know you will just be sat there drinking coffee in your own house whilst the kids amuse themselves. You MUST NOT drink coffee ever, you MUST be on the floor playing with the children for 10 hours a day which is what you get paid to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh dear. We really are not allowed a life are we.

xxxxxx

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 12:35 PM

i think this would be a wheeze!

a counter thread!

tee hee

mandy x

cabby
26-03-2010, 12:37 PM
[/B]

No you are not to sit at home all day because if you do we all know you will just be sat there drinking coffee in your own house whilst the kids amuse themselves. You MUST NOT drink coffee ever, you MUST be on the floor playing with the children for 10 hours a day which is what you get paid to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh dear. We really are not allowed a life are we.

xxxxxx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cuffleygirl
26-03-2010, 12:59 PM
An alternative point of view might be:

At least in a coffee shop with the childminder the kids are seeing and experiencing the community, learning how to behave in a restaurant etc - is this better than being at home with mum in front of the tv?

Trouble
26-03-2010, 01:05 PM
i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment,i will not comment.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jelly15
26-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Some people only see what they want to see. A trip to a coffee shop is an exercise in social skills and by the time I have bought a mindee a drink and a snack that is the £3.50 an hour I have earned for that child gone. I too agree there must be some bad CMs out there but it gets on my :censored: that yet again some nasty piece of work has tarred us all with the same brush.

LisaMcNally09
26-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Well ive had to put my two penny in!!:laughing:

Troll......definately!!!

Beckieboo
26-03-2010, 01:23 PM
:angry: :angry: I tried to stop going on "THOSE" other sites as they make me soooooooooooooo:angry: :angry:

:laughing: :laughing:

Avon
26-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Well ive had to put my two penny in!!:laughing:

Troll......definately!!!

Lol me too!

Chimps Childminding
26-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Glad most seemed to be on the side of CM's. My parents have used me because that they want their child/children to have the opportunity to go out and about, visit shops, library etc. doing things they would do themselves had they not got to go out to work, rather than being stuck in a Nursery environment all day where they rarely go out in the community!!! :thumbsup:

Spangles
26-03-2010, 02:07 PM
That made me giggle for some reason! Must be in a weird mood as normally that would annoy me!

Bananabrain
26-03-2010, 02:09 PM
That's soooooo funny.:ROFL1:
Just the logistics of taking a triple buggy laden with under 5's into town to casually stroll through the shops,leisurely stopping at the bank to pay bills,doing a bit of browsing on the way. Then stopping in Starbucks for a gorgeous hot choc with marshmallows,drunk whilst reading the paper.
Me thinks this lady hasn't thought this through!!
My childminding friend and I took the children to a fun day at the children's center recently. The children {6 between us** had a fab time.
We barely had time for a wee,let alone a coffee!
This woman is a fool.
Made me laugh though.

cabby
26-03-2010, 02:41 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ive just realised theres more than one page to read:blush: :blush:

Ripeberry
26-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I've already put my comment in and I still use the same name :cool: Got to change that soon :D

Beetlejuice
26-03-2010, 02:42 PM
YOWZERS!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: My kids love coming round town on errands - gives them a chance to help with shopping/choose their lunch/talk about food/where it comes from/colours/counting etc - the opportunities are endless. If I do have to take them on boring errands for me there is always a trade off - if I run an errand for me they can go to the park/do an activity they want to do when we get home etc. WHen I work nearly a 60 hour week I do have to take the kids to some things with me. I am always up front with the parents and that's why they like me - for the variety of experiences I can offer.

Blummin troll!!!:angry: :angry:

Blue Boy
26-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey she just needs a life:)

Love
Mick xx

mamasheshe
26-03-2010, 04:34 PM
my DD loves going to the coffee shop more than I do!!

but to be honest here now I do believe that there ARE chidlminders out there that dont look after the kids properly and maybe do more of their own things than for the kids.
they dont go to the shop and do colours and counting etc they just do what they need to do and take children along. And since we dont know the parent nor the childminder in question it is hard to judge who is in the wrong here.

It upsets me thought that is the ALL childminders that are given a bad name and reputation ...they just look for one bad example to go on a witch hunt.

what about all the great things childminders do and offer????

i agree with blackhorse

ajs
26-03-2010, 04:51 PM
is boobebodoo any one here

babs
26-03-2010, 05:07 PM
wel that makes some reading but taken a look and looks like cm have come out on top in that one .. she really does need to get a life and realise the hard work we put in during minded hours and after hours...

Manda L
26-03-2010, 05:24 PM
the comment that made me laugh the most from NEWMUM... was "those of us who work for a living"???? What are childminders doing, if they are not doing a proper job???

doodles
26-03-2010, 06:03 PM
the comment that made me laugh the most from NEWMUM... was "those of us who work for a living"???? What are childminders doing, if they are not doing a proper job???

Thats the part that irritated me too!!! Im assuming she means a 9-5 job where she gets a lunch break and paid holidays unlike most of us.
Troll :angry:

patevans
26-03-2010, 06:25 PM
has she replied to any of the replies? was laughing when someone called her a troll :laughing:

mama2three
26-03-2010, 06:41 PM
this made me laugh ...- she asked people why they wanted a minder....
The answer I get everytime is that they dont want there child 'learning' all day they want them to have a 'normal' life similar to what theyd have if they were at home with their mummy.

Mollymop
26-03-2010, 06:51 PM
:( :mad: :mad: I'm not a member of Mumsnet thank goodness so couldn't reply, but I think some people unfortunately do have this attitude and I think it generally stinks to high heaven! It's awful... totoally disgusting. I have had parents leave nurserys to come to me as they are fed up with them being "stuck indoors all day and not going out anywhere" they also like the fact that we, as childminders, are like a second home -
we do everything similar to a " mum at home" and I think we actually do it better than most mums as we are dedicated to our jobs and therefore would feel guilty for not taking our mindees to the park "right now" as we are too busy... like I have been guilty of doing with my own children.

People like this person need to give up their jobs and stay at home with their children if they are not happy - simples :) :)

Mollymop
26-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Well I have added my bit -- i even registered .. not that I will stay there for long, just had to say my piece:laughing:

I am Molllymop on there too!

patevans
26-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Well I have added my bit -- i even registered .. not that I will stay there for long, just had to say my piece:laughing:

YAY....go you :clapping:

mama2three
26-03-2010, 07:30 PM

i did the same!

Mookins
26-03-2010, 07:32 PM
i hardly get chance now to have coffee with friends let alone do my shopping and havent even started childminding yet...ungracious old bag...hope she trips in her Milanos and breaks her french nail tips...right off to scrub the loo

:littleangel:

Mollymop
26-03-2010, 07:35 PM
yeah I thought it was you! lol! yay!!!!!:clapping:

babs
26-03-2010, 07:35 PM
woot love your post mollymop u told her......:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
all hail mollymop...

Mookins
26-03-2010, 07:39 PM
MOLLYMOP ROCKS x x x:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Avon
26-03-2010, 08:28 PM
yes i registered to leave a comment too!

mamasheshe
26-03-2010, 08:40 PM
what you lot don't do this i must of misunderstood what this job was all about:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 10:52 PM
just a troll with too little to do! how awful her life must be if her idea of fun is winding up childminders on a friday morning!

Thats what I thought

Angel xx

jelly15
26-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Just read your post on Mumsnet Mollymop, brilliant:clapping:

The Juggler
27-03-2010, 08:22 AM
you should have a look at the one posted on netmums yesterday evening! :eek: :eek: daren't even post the link (it's under work, study and childcare)

doodles
27-03-2010, 08:29 AM
:blush: Can someone please tell me what YABU means?

mama2three
27-03-2010, 08:45 AM
you are being unreasonable.
yanbu , you are not being unreasonable.

JJAY
27-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Unbeliveable. So when exactly do we get a break during the day or are childminders not entitled to one. I'll bet she has a morning break, afternoon break and lunch break, if only!

Pipsqueak
27-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Unbeliveable. So when exactly do we get a break during the day or are childminders not entitled to one. I'll bet she has a morning break, afternoon break and lunch break, if only!

JJay - YABU - you expect a break when childminding :rolleyes: :laughing:
thats what Tena Lady was invented for - us childminders - so we don't even need to pop to the loo!:laughing:

Bitsy Beans
27-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I told my H about this and he wondered how she knew this woman was a CM. Aside from any obvious differences (say in different race children) she could have been a mother with several kids - my H is one of 4.

Personally I avoid Netmums and Mumsnet like the plague for this reason. Considering so many people think CMing is such a cushy job I wonder why they don't all come and join us :rolleyes:

I am guessing then that the OP being the perfect employee herself has never made a personal telephone call in work time or had a ciggie break or surfed the internet or nicked off home a little early because you know she's being paid to work :rolleyes:

Avon
27-03-2010, 03:17 PM
you should have a look at the one posted on netmums yesterday evening! :eek: :eek: daren't even post the link (it's under work, study and childcare)

Can you pm it to me?!

The Juggler
27-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Can you pm it to me?!

it seems to have disappeared. let me see if I can do a link.

The Juggler
27-03-2010, 03:29 PM
it seems to have disappeared. let me see if I can do a link.

it has! the moderators must have deleted it! she has answered another thread saying read my post above but it's not there I did a search under her user name. It was appalling she was bashing SAHM's totally but saying she wasn't. Then it turned into bashing benefit scroungers then mums who stayed at home but went without - she suggested this meant these mums then fed them rubbish and made them wear poorly fitting shoes as they had no money, just so they could stay at home - even when their kids went to school full time - lazy beggars (well not exactly those words but not far off:eek: )

Think she has a serious guilt/envy problem with going to work maybe - not sure but she reckons you'd need a partner who earns at least £60K to live on one salary - blimey even when I worked in an office full time me and dh never earned that between us!

Fortunately many thought she was just on there for a wind up:p

Avon
27-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Lol, sounds like another pleasant lady! She must only buy designer!

We earn half, in fact slight less than that as a one income family and do fine with 4 children! Its how you spend your money that counts!