PDA

View Full Version : ARRIVING EARLY / CHARGING

celdemorg
26-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Quick question about timekeeping. I charge by the hour and also i charge for the full day (which i regret doing really)

Anyhow, at what point do you add extra when they arrive early/late, say they should start at 7.30 and they arrive at ten past or quarter past would you charge extra, and the same if they arrive 10/15 minutes late, would you charge, or am i being petty.

Just some weeks, it could be on a daily basis, then other's timekeeping is ok.

xxx

chewy sweets
26-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Personally i don't charge if they are 10/15 mins early but it doesn't happen often in my case. If i were you i would have a chat with the parents if they're early all the time and say that you are contracted to work form whatever time and if they wish to change the contract fine but from now on you will be charging them if they are early. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

sarah707
26-03-2010, 10:49 AM
If your contracted day is, for example, 730 to 530 then that's what your day rate covers.

You should then have an overtime rate on your contract and that's what you charge if they arrive early / come late.

If you don't have one on your contracts, it's something to review when you do your annual review...

Or you could call parents in for a meeting and explain that you think you need to review their contracts early as the start time / end time is clearly not suiting them any more.

hth :D

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I dont think you are being petty no

Contract times are there for a reason and parents need to stick to them - give and take sometimes but if its arriving early and arriving late all the time its just not on is it

I charge a pound per min for early arrival and late collection I got the idea from all the nurserys in our area and guess what it seems to work

Whatever you do though you need to speak to parents or have a newsletter

I used to have parents arriving 20 - 35 min early in the morning but I put a stop to it with the extra fees and saying I was not available before the contract time
Took a while but it worked in the end

Good luck

Angel xx