PDA

View Full Version : spring,, when??

mushpea
26-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi , yes i know i am being thick again!! but is spring april and may then summer june july august? trying to do some planning but getting know where, not doing planning for the easter hols cause got no littlys so thought i could do spring after the hols untill then end of may , does this sound right?

christine e
26-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi , yes i know i am being thick again!! but is spring april and may then summer june july august? trying to do some planning but getting know where, not doing planning for the easter hols cause got no littlys so thought i could do spring after the hols untill then end of may , does this sound right?

Sounds about right to me.

I start spring activities in March and carry them on into April and May. Spring oficially starts on 21st March.

Cx

miffy
26-03-2010, 08:16 AM
You're not the only one who's confused!

I think the first day of Spring was 22nd March (or somewhere round there) but then this Sunday the clock's go forward for British Summertime :rolleyes:

I am doing Spring crafts after Easter too! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Daftbat
26-03-2010, 08:18 AM
The first day of Spring is traditionally 21st March but for meteorological purposes it starts on 1st March so that they can compare statistics more easily.

Tink
26-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm starting Spring in April we've been busy with our jungle topic and Easter so ours will start next month:)

Winnie
26-03-2010, 09:10 AM
It depends ;)

The Spring term is Jan-Easter.
Spring months to me (& the Met Office) are March, April, May. (Summer June, July, August, Autumn Sept, October, November, Winter December, Jan, Feb)

Offically i think Spring starts on 21st March but BST as we know is 28th March this year....

:D