PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Time Management

daytimedolly
25-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi

Ive been minding for about a month now, am still very much "scratching my head" at all the paperwork but trying and Ill get there :)

However, sorry if this is a silly question but its something that bugging me. I seem to spend vertually all of my time preparing and cooking meals and washing up crockery/bottles/teats ready for the next meal and for mothers to take items away when they pick things up. Ive noticed that Im not spending hardly any time literally sitting with the children playing. What on earth am I doing wrong? I seem to need a lesson in some time management please? :-)
Any tips

Mookins
25-03-2010, 06:45 PM
you could do a big cook and freeze so you can then just stick in the oven or microwave nearer the time
do you have a dishwasher?
no longer do meals and ask them to bring their own!:clapping:

x x x

sarah707
25-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Make a list of all the things you really want to do during the day with the children... a singing session, book reading, crafts, outings...

Then think about times when the children can play by themselves, with you around as a helping hand if they need you.

Then timetable the cooking and clearing up.

Your job is to care for the children, not to sterilise bottles or even really to wash up... although the children can help you by drying, bringing things through, putting their plates away etc so you can make it into a fun activity.

You should have long stretches of both morning and afternoon when you can all sit or dance or mess about and do things together.

Hth :D