PDA

View Full Version : Kent Capital Grant - what are you buying?

venus89
25-03-2010, 05:47 PM
We get to spend our money next week :clapping: and I still haven't decided. I wanted to get something big that ordinarily I wouldn't get but nothing grabbed me so I might get a range of small things - toy farm (sadly lacking from my resources), some play sand as all of mine has been used, beanbags, things like that..... Or should I blow the bulk of it on a soft play set? Aaaahh can't decide :panic:

miffy
25-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh decisions, decisions...................

Lucky you, we got to choose a pack of items - good but never exactly what you want.

Enjoy, whatever you get is free so a bonus! :D

Miffy xx

venus89
25-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Very lucky, yes :D

Blue Boy
26-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Spend it wisely, we don't get any grant in Hertfordshire:angry:

Love
Mick xx

helenlc
26-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Have I missed the boat on this?

Are/were all childminders in Kent able to go for this???:o

babs
26-03-2010, 09:29 PM
i got a letter today asking to choose 3 of the following but u can only have 1 item...
l) laptop
2) ICT box for eyfs ( containing resources like walkie talkies, metal detectors.
3) outdoor picnic/sand table n cover
4) outdoor music centre
5) outdoor play centre
6) gardening package( 2 planters,gardening kit and greenhouse)
7) Nature package( forest schools stater kit,grab & go mini beast kit & book
8) set of wooden role play panels
9) dark den with accessory kit, under the sea cover and camouflage set
10) tuff spot with stand ,cover & accessories
11) Multicultural package
12)five piece wooden kitchen
13) play table with storage
i choose highlighted ones which would u chose... in order 9 ,11,then 2

Monkey1
26-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Think i would go for 4,8 and 11

Monkey1
26-03-2010, 09:36 PM
We get to spend our money next week :clapping: and I still haven't decided. I wanted to get something big that ordinarily I wouldn't get but nothing grabbed me so I might get a range of small things - toy farm (sadly lacking from my resources), some play sand as all of mine has been used, beanbags, things like that..... Or should I blow the bulk of it on a soft play set? Aaaahh can't decide :panic:

Blow it on something big that you wouldn't normally spend. The other things you can budget for on a monthly basis.

miffy
26-03-2010, 09:39 PM

I would too, would like to see the outdoor music centre it sounds great!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Yep sounds good to me

Angel xx

Toothfairy
27-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I wrote my list out then had to cross some out as I realised the prices are before VAT.:blush:
By the time you add VAT & p&p on some items, I had to get rid of 3 things:(

Will have to have another look on the 1st April, before I send in my shopping list, as the prices go up.

I liked the little round reading mats, I'm going to get a couple of those and a sports pack.

I found the prices VERY expensive and the amount of items to choose from quite disapointing.

But I must not be ungreatful, I'm lucky to be getting the £250. :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
27-03-2010, 12:33 PM
i cant view anything on the website argh! ive just been to the CG course but we were told to wait till the 1st before looking.
i must say ever since i saw the kitchen at a seminar i went to, i have been desperate to get it...i bet it will be more than the grant though :rolleyes:
i also want some seating so thats the sort of thing ill be going for :D

Cammie Doodle
27-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Blow it on something big that you wouldn't normally spend. The other things you can budget for on a monthly basis.

That's what we done , I went for computer, easi- speak, easi- listener, dark den, storage shed racking and storage boxes and lots of other bits and bobs. Carolyn went for outdoor items like Wendy House , Wooden Kitchen (that's to die for lol) Climbing Frame, Wooden Sand Pit Ride on Toys and a laptop. As we live next door to each other our Mindees will benefit from both lots of funding. We got together and discussed how to spend our money wisely :D

patevans
27-03-2010, 01:05 PM
i got a letter today asking to choose 3 of the following but u can only have 1 item...
l) laptop
2) ICT box for eyfs ( containing resources like walkie talkies, metal detectors.
3) outdoor picnic/sand table n cover
4) outdoor music centre
5) outdoor play centre
6) gardening package( 2 planters,gardening kit and greenhouse)
7) Nature package( forest schools stater kit,grab & go mini beast kit & book
8) set of wooden role play panels
9) dark den with accessory kit, under the sea cover and camouflage set
10) tuff spot with stand ,cover & accessories
11) Multicultural package
12)five piece wooden kitchen
13) play table with storage
i choose highlighted ones which would u chose... in order 9 ,11,then 2

I got this letter too :D

teacake2
27-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I got the Staffordshire letter as well, got a camera and printer 2 years ago, great camera but very expensive to use the printer.
Teacake2

Mollymop
27-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Ahh you are so lucky hun, we don't get anything in our area. Have fun spending!!!:jump for joy:

Helen Dempster
29-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Have I missed the boat on this?

Are/were all childminders in Kent able to go for this???:o

Yep, you're eligible for it - it's open to grades good and outstanding :) Have a word with your local sure start, they should be able to help

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Yep, you're eligible for it - it's open to grades good and outstanding :) Have a word with your local sure start, they should be able to help

ive not been graded and ive got the grant :thumbsup:

couldnt find this thread so did another - doh

i cant figure out how to spend wisely argh

venus89
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I wrote my list out then had to cross some out as I realised the prices are before VAT.:blush:
By the time you add VAT & p&p on some items, I had to get rid of 3 things:(

My letter said 'there is no VAT to add onto your goods total as the prices shown include VAT which is paid for you by Kent County Council'......

The website was appalling but the catalogue is brilliant - I nicked it off the Children's centre. I managed to order loads of stuff- a wooden town, lots of baby toys, stacks of card, a set of garden toys (so I can chuck all the balls, bats etc that the little lambs left outside all winter), counting cookies and eye spy bags. And I want the NOW :D

Daisy1956
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Lucky you we don't get any funding but I am thinking of asking my quality and inclusion officer why we don't get funding when other areas do. Happy spending the outdoor music sounds good.