PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have soft play in their garden?

Tink
25-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm wanting to have soft play in my garden.

I've got grass at the moment and 9 times out of 10 the children can't play on it because it's wet and muddy!!!

I'm thinking of having decking and the rest soft play just after a company really so I can get a price.

If you do have it, is it practical and do you think it's a good idea?

Thank you xxx

miffy
25-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds expensive to me but I bet the kids would love it!

Miffy xx

Tink
25-03-2010, 04:00 PM
I've got some money that we've been saving to have it done, I just wondered if anyone else had it.

angeldelight
25-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I've got some money that we've been saving to have it done, I just wondered if anyone else had it.

I would love it - heaven !!

Angel xx

singlewiththree
25-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Would it stand up to the weather or were you planning on moving it in every night? Most soft play is just that, durable but not weather proof.

~Chelle~
25-03-2010, 04:30 PM
You could get artificial grass, soft and clean and still looks like grass, no need to move it around then x

mama2three
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM
wouldnt it get really slippery , even with the dew each morning. what about the rubber matting as a compromise?

Tink
25-03-2010, 05:01 PM
My garden is not very big, so I was thinking of having decking just outside my house then the rest I thought of the soft material you see in playgrounds.
I got sent an email from a company but i've lost the email, (silly me)
It will either be that i'll have to have it like a patio

AnnieM
25-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Can't help with the soft play at all, but when we were at Crufts there was a company called As Good As Grass, selling artificial grass, I have always thought it was very artificial looking and some of theirs was, but there was one that looked so realistic it was spooky, didn't dare ask the price though!! :panic:

helenlc
25-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Can't help with the soft play at all, but when we were at Crufts there was a company called As Good As Grass, selling artificial grass, I have always thought it was very artificial looking and some of theirs was, but there was one that looked so realistic it was spooky, didn't dare ask the price though!! :panic:

I got their brochure through but didnt get as far as getting a quote. My BIL is getting the artificial grass though - they live end of terrace and their garden is in the shade all the time as it is overlooked by big trees next to the railway line. They have grass but it has died off.

I like the idea of the soft stuff but I like my grass more!!

mama2three
25-03-2010, 05:12 PM
ah i know what you mean now - i thought you meant the matting they use in softplay centres. our playgroup havethe safety flooring in their yard area and its great for a time but does get compacted and needs replacing every 3 years or so.

miffy
25-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Aahh the penny drops .................. I thought you meant the soft play equipment.

Our school has that in one of the playgrounds - it was quite slippy when we had a frost the other morning.

Looks good but I agree with Kath, it needs replacing after a while.

Miffy xx

Hebs
25-03-2010, 06:19 PM

i had a quote from them, the mid range stuff (not the cheapest but not the most expensive) and they quoe me over £3K :eek:

having it turfed was only £600 inc labour :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
25-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Our school nursery has it and it is a nightmare to walk on if wet or frosty.

Also when we considered it we also thought it would encourage our ds that he could bounce on every surface and not hurt himself :panic: