PDA

View Full Version : Recording conversations with parents

AliceK
25-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi

Where do I write up conversations I've had with parents. For instance I have 1 mindee and I've had a few conversations with his mum re his eating (He's V fussy) and I am working very hard with him now to improve his eating. Also there's been a change in his home circumstances which mum told me about this week. All these types of things, where do I log them? I need to be able to prove to Ofsted about working in partnership etc etc. Would I just write them up on a sheet and put it in his folder. Obviously it wouldn't go in his daily diary or in his learning journal. What do you all do??

Thanks

xxxxxxxx

green puppy
25-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Do you have a daily diary for yourself to record things in? If not perhaps just type up a new record sheet titled " Parent/childminder communications sheet ", then record what has been discussed, parents name, date and perhaps both sign it. Then either start a new ring binder or put with childs details.

sarah707
25-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I would do as greenpuppy suggests and put it with the child's other information, contracts etc.

Just write up what is happening or what has changed and get the parents to sign.

With regard to the eating, I would say that goes with the child's Eyfs information because it is evidence of supporting the child to be healthy which is one of the principles of the Eyfs.

Hth :D