PDA

View Full Version : Had an Enquiry!!!

clairebear
25-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what the best thing to do in this situation, Basically im pre reg and am just waiting on crb, Im advertising my services but am saying that i wont be starting till the summer, Anyway ive had an enquiry for a child for November. Obviously im only having an informal meeting with the mum but if shes happy and says she wants to use me, Then what?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Toothfairy
25-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm sure other will be along shortly to give you some advice but in the meantime, I think that because you are pre-reg all you can do is tell her you will contact her when everything is in place.

I don't think You can sign contracts or take a deposit.

I hope someone comes along soon to give you some advice. :thumbsup:

Minstrel
25-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I agree.

Take her details and tell her you will give her a call to proceed the minute your certificate comes through. Well done on the enquiry though half the battle is getting them through the door. :thumbsup:

Fabby
25-03-2010, 08:02 PM
i called ofsted about this myself what u need to do is.....
dont sign contracts until certificate arrives (because there is no contract as such until cert arrives)
dont take a deposit/retainer
and if you were to do any settling in or tale the mindee on earlier dont take any kind of reward including money for the service.
HTH

Do get her round though, i now have 4 ready to start!!!! woo hoo