PDA

View Full Version : Nanny or unregistered childminder what do you think?

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Im a bit confused!!

I got talking to a lady that lives in my street at the doctors this morning and she asked what i did as a job so i said im a child minder and she said oh im a nanny, i have a 6 year old daughter and a 6month old daughter and i nanny from my house for a boy whos 18 months old.

So i asked her what you had to do be become a nanny, she said with a smile oh nothing thats why im a nanny and not a childminder as it cost to much to attened all the courses to become a child minder:eek: :angry:

Now the way i see it and i may be wrong, she is an unregistered person who has not been crb checked looking after a child in her own house who thinks that if she calls her self a nanny then this is all legal :angry: it makes me cross if this is the case as it took me from the Nov till the follow June to become a reigstered childminder.

Just wondered if anybody knows if what she is saying is right?

singlewiththree
25-03-2010, 01:02 PM
You are right, she is only a nanny if she does it from their house, from her house she is an unregistered childminder.

Its the parents who worry me!

kindredspirits
if she is working from her own home she is a childminder - i would suggest reporting her to ofsted. As far as I was aware nannies need a CRB etc as well - its au pairs who don't.

Pipsqueak
nannying usually takes place in the childs home

I would say she is an unregistered person:( She is calling herself a nanny to try to get round being unregistered

forgot to add - report her:thumbsup:

daisyboo1980
25-03-2010, 01:06 PM
i was a nanny and went to their house everyday thats wat a nanny does but she sounds like shes pulling a fast one

candy cat
25-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I used to be a nanny and although you don't need to be registered (i don't agree with) although a lot want ofsted registered now so they can claim vouchers etc.BUT YOU CANNOT DO IT IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!! Plus what happens if they hurt themselves??? I am not sure if I would report her especially if she knows you...Tricky!

sunflower
25-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi i know someone who looks after her niece, i said to her why dont you become a childminder? she said....oh no thanks what with all that paperwork you have to do, ofsted inspections, she said that she has to answer to no one and shes getting paid for it.
She was a tots group the other day and she let slip it was a friends child :eek: not even a relative :eek: im thinking of reporting her as why should i have to do all my paperwork, answer to ofsted, pay for insurance, tax etc

sorry i dont think they should get away with it

jelly15
25-03-2010, 01:53 PM
It is really not fair, makes me so mad. I would report anon, for two reasons, the child (no crb or insurance) and the unfairness to all us reg CMs.

Mollymop
25-03-2010, 01:56 PM
It is really not fair, makes me so mad. I would report anon, for two reasons, the child (no crb or insurance) and the unfairness to all us reg CMs.

I agree it is not fair at all x

solly
25-03-2010, 01:59 PM
It does sound like she is an unregistered minder:angry: I used to look after 2 boys and mum had another LO and i did not have space to look after the children so she has now got a nanny, and she goes to their house, she is CRB checked and has done her first aid and is now ofsted registered and mum wants to pay by vouchers.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your replies, it makes me so cross that people do this, :angry: Its people like this that give us hard working childminders a bad name :angry:

luiza.t
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I have just posted something similar about an unregistered person that I know,what could happen if these ^chilminders^ are reported?

Desi-101
13-04-2010, 12:10 AM
She's an unregistered childminder! put a stop to it, not to be nasty, heaven forbid anything happens to that child in her home you will be doing her a favour in the long run!