PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays and tax credits?

snufflepuff
24-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Quick question- am i right in thinking that parents will still get their usual amount of tax credits for bank holidays? So if they dont have to pay their childminder for bank holidays not only will be they getting their days pay even though they are not working, but they will also be making some money out of their tax credits? (I know some people still have to work of course, but get a day off in lieu instead)
If so, im definately charging normal fee for bank holidays! (Normal fee if not working, double fee if they need me to work)

singlewiththree
24-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Its a parents duty to work out the holidays and give tax credits the figures with the hols deducted therefore if you charge BH then they will include it, if not then they won't.

margimum
24-03-2010, 08:05 PM
At the endof each tax year I give parents a print out of exactly what they have paid me for the previous year and this is what I will be declaring to HMR. It is up to themto pass this info on to tax credits!

Desi-101
25-03-2010, 12:26 AM
At the endof each tax year I give parents a print out of exactly what they have paid me for the previous year and this is what I will be declaring to HMR. It is up to themto pass this info on to tax credits!

Mmm... will keep this in mind to say to my mindees mum who takes holidays (loads) during term time abroad for family reasons. I'm contracted to holidays with her and she has declared them, she single mum but as she knows I am battling to fill spaces she refuses to pay holidays at all and suggests will move mindee if I do. I will be down financially easter when everone else celebrates! dec and jan had no pay! etc

tess1981
25-03-2010, 03:59 PM
i only charge a set fee payable 52 weeks of the year. all parents tell inland rev and they get same amount every week so they do get money for bank holidays and my annual hol:o idays

aly
25-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Mmm... will keep this in mind to say to my mindees mum who takes holidays (loads) during term time abroad for family reasons. I'm contracted to holidays with her and she has declared them, she single mum but as she knows I am battling to fill spaces she refuses to pay holidays at all and suggests will move mindee if I do. I will be down financially easter when everone else celebrates! dec and jan had no pay! etc

you are contracted for holidays but you do not charge her as she wont pay?? :angry: well it is your business and you set YOUR fees,

FizzysFriends
25-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Surely where the parents get the money from is upto them? Your rate structure shouldn't be worked out on the basis of not wanting the parents to make a profit as what about the ones that pay it themselves?