PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what i need......

Fabby
24-03-2010, 05:39 PM
because i am unsure what my mind is thinking!!! lol

I have seen some posts recently saying that when a mindee starts they have info from the parents on what the child can do. They then use this information to start the next steps of development. Now, i have a form that parents will fill out to say what the child likes and dislikes etc etc but not sure what i need to ask as to their development. Do you guys have seperate sheets for this? What questions do you ask? All help will be much appreciated x

Emz
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
BUMPING THIS UP FOR YOU.

I just use 'all about me' sheets, but i also downloaded a passport style thing from here i think or bromley, i'll look for the link for you, it has extra information on and then i guess you just go from there.
Sorry if that was no help, didn't want to just run and read.

green puppy
09-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I also have an "all about me" sheet well a couple actually. One is an ncma child record form to record personal data and medical/allergy info. The other has preferred names, likes/dislikes, favourite things,comforts,settling to sleep routines/feeding routines(babies/toddlers), pets, siblings, other languages, what I can do, how I communicate. I also have a page for family members and photos, I do updated sheets every 6 months regarding routines/development changes/interests these all go into the learning journey.

singlewiththree
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I use an about me sheet but then I write up starting points for each of the children linked to the eyfs this shows me where they are developmentally when they start so I can plan activities for them. I don't have a sheet I just work through the eyfs document and note down what the child can do in relation to each area of learning.

Sarah41
10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I got the parents to do an 'all about me'sheet, but I found it easier to watch to see what the child could do as somethings parents say their children can do more than what they actually can (we all big up our kids). As the front part of my learning journey I have a sheet where I say what I have gleaned from watching the kids ie., they like pink, they hate snakes etc. And then I can start planning from that.

CHUNKY MONKEY
03-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I believe the EYFS cd has a page that includes a what next box. Its under resources. Sorry I do not know the exact place once you are in recources.
I hope this helps :waving: CM