PDA

View Full Version : weirdly uncomfortable!

theplayroom
24-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi - I had a very weird situation today - the 1yr old i mind also has a 2yr old sister who stays at home with the mum (who doesnt work) whilst i care for the 1 yr old - today we had to abanden the park and made for our local indoor toddler group well as soon as i got in i saw mum there with her 2yr old - How uncomfortable did I feel!! - its quite small but i walked round the back way and sat as far from her as possible - well we were there AN HOUR before she noticed her son! then she said to her friend ' oh this is my son, the naughty one,(he's not) hes with his childminder' I just said 'this is weird but ill watch out for him'. Luckily she left soon after that - sooooo weird!:huh:

Tink
24-03-2010, 02:20 PM
How strange for her not to notice you and very rude of her.

I can see how it would have be awkward for you.

Some parents really do amaze me sometimes!!!

Tatjana
24-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Odder still is that she chooses to care for one her children but not the other, can't get my head round that.:(

Do you have him full or part time?

xx

Spangles
24-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Poor little man! That's not only weird but really horrible! Bless his little heart! Hope he gets treated well at home although it sounds as if that's unlikely. (Probably shouldn't say that as I don't know the mum or situation but just how I feel.) Good job he's got you.

Is he okay?

celdemorg
24-03-2010, 02:22 PM
How awful, how could you go to toddler's with one and not the other child, it's really opened my eyes childminding, some parent's are unbelievable!!

theplayroom
24-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Odder still is that she chooses to care for one her children but not the other, can't get my head round that.:(

Do you have him full or part time?

xx

Yes very odd - part time 2 days 8 hours in total, she quite often makes comments like - oh yes Ive been painting too today or Oh i was there with 2yr old earlier!

theplayroom
24-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Poor little man! That's not only weird but really horrible! Bless his little heart! Hope he gets treated well at home although it sounds as if that's unlikely. (Probably shouldn't say that as I don't know the mum or situation but just how I feel.) Good job he's got you.

Is he okay?

He is ok very sweet, very behind developmentally, mum is very young (not tarring all with the same brush or anything) and lives with her mum they all seem 1 sandwich short of a picnic!

its nice to 'gossip' about the mindees - ive noone else todo it with woith out seeming unprofessional!

Goatgirl
24-03-2010, 02:33 PM
HI :),
Did Mum give you a reason for why she wants care only for him but not her daughter? Does seem strange....

bws, Wendy

Tinglesnark
24-03-2010, 02:33 PM
wow! thats weird man! i dont get it? what a random thing to do?? care for one child and have the other one sent to a CM?? poor little boy, fancy him hearing her say he is the naughty one? i hope he is ok
x

crazyhazy
24-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Must have been strange, but I can understand mum sending one child to a cmer and not the other. 2 of my friends do similar, friend1 started sending her lo when she had #2 so she could take him to baby massage, he went 1 afternoon a week to a cmer afaik, and now 18m later goes 1 full day. Another friend sends her youngest to nursery 2 afternoons a week so she can spend time with her older one. I should prob add both these mums are service wives so spend a lot of the time on their own with the children when their hs are away.

Helen Dempster
24-03-2010, 02:39 PM
OMG, the poor little boy!!!! :angry: and to describe him to her friend as "the naughty one"!!! Doesn't stand a chance does he?

I can imagine how it made you feel too! I think I'd have wanted to adopt him right there and then! :eek:

mamasheshe
24-03-2010, 02:41 PM
HI :),
Did Mum give you a reason for why she wants care only for him but not her daughter? Does seem strange....

bws, Wendy

i agree i do sometimes leave my youngest dd with my mum so i can have some quality time with my 4 yo who's started school but not for 8hours a week strange :(