PDA

View Full Version : play,planning,obbs for 15 mnth old?

mammumof4
24-03-2010, 10:49 AM
hi, i need some ideas for 15 month old who doesnt seem to be interested in anything apart from taking all the toys out of the boxes and then falling over it all!:rolleyes:
she does like to paint, "draw" but just looking for new ideas. :blush:

hop04
24-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe getting some large cardboard boxes and making them into things such as train, boat etc... Could also get her to draw on side or paint to extend activity?

Spangles
24-03-2010, 10:58 AM
could you make a post box out of an old cardboard box and she can post things in it and get them out again?

put a box on the side and roll balls, cars, etc into it and then she can get them out again!

See a theme? Ha!

Could you sort different coloured toys into boxes with her?

Would she sit and explore a treasure basket?

A toy buggy or cot with a baby? I know lots of little girls who love putting baby dolls in and out of things and caring for them.

Can't think of anything else at mo off the top of my head!

x

mammumof4
24-03-2010, 11:04 AM
i love the cardbord posting box!! she loves posting, thanks, you have given me the kick i need,and i have a box!!!! gonna gt her to paint it :clapping:

Spangles
24-03-2010, 11:08 AM
i love the cardbord posting box!! she loves posting, thanks, you have given me the kick i need,and i have a box!!!! gonna gt her to paint it :clapping:

Have fun!!!!

mammumof4
24-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Mmmm posting things, what area of learning do i link this to?? problem solving?

crazyhazy
24-03-2010, 12:53 PM
My own lo has just turne 18m, but things she's enjoyed doing for the last couple of months are; the toy kitchen, she will play for ages particularly if she has a little bag to put her shopping in and then cooks it in the kitchen, dolls and prams etc, the fisher price piggy bank is a big hit just now, anything musical, she loves singing with me, especially if they're are actions involved (even better if you can get to a rhymetime group), she loves being outdoors, try to ride the scooter with a bit of help, books and a toy farm are a big hit too.

The Juggler
24-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Maybe getting some large cardboard boxes and making them into things such as train, boat etc... Could also get her to draw on side or paint to extend activity?

yes, or lay them with the ends open to make a tunnel. Get lots of different sized little boxes (like gift boxes) and lots of different sized blocks/cotton reels, so she can fill and empty to her hearts content.