PDA

View Full Version : Chances of this variation?

Minstrel
24-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I have children on shift work and have identified a few weeks were i will be over my numbers. What do you think my chances are of getting it as a variation, bearing in mind it's so vague.

my ds 2 (age 3) takes up one under 5 space.

2 mindees will be 4 when variation needed (but not full time school)

also a baby (10 months).

At the moment they all slot in around each other but as of 21st June the baby's mum is starting shift work and i will be needed 2 days a week (never the same days).

I will be stuck between school pick up at 3.10 and first collection at 5.10pm on a Mon, Wed and Fri if baby comes these days.

I know its confusing but hope you have managed to follow it. Also will Ofsted even be able to understand it!! I know i'll only know by trying but if there's no chnace of getting it (ie because its not fixed days) then i'll have to start considering which one to give notice to.

Kes
24-03-2010, 11:03 AM
As its continuity of care it should be fine. I got mine granted and that was for a shift work parent and quite complicated. Best thing to do is phone Ofsted so they can send you the correct variation form.

dlissaman
24-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I understand that you can download a variation form from Ofsted's web site. See to remember seeing it once.

Kes
24-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I downloaded that and emailed it to them and got told they had to send me a different one and got a lecture about how I should have phoned them first.

sillysausage
24-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I've had variations granted for continuity of care and shift work together. Basically I applied for the variation to cover every day, because the actual days changed from week to week.

angiemog
24-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I had one granted too from 2.30pm til 5pm one day a week. This was in October and we registered at the same time. x

Minstrel
24-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to go for it and i gues they can only say NO! ha

I did worry they might say i wasn't experienced enough or somehting but if others have got them then i guess they shouldn't say that.

When do you think i should apply for the start date of june 21st?

Kes
24-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd apply now they can be slow sometimes. They will ask for when you need it but if you put it for a week or two earlier than you need it then you have chasing time.

Jules27
24-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I've just had a similar variation - although it was for a set day - as parents rota has changed and poss of clash on a thursday, but not every thursday. Still waiting for the ok for sure but rung them last week to chase it and after going through details they said can see no reason why it wouldn't be granted, so just waiting for new certificate :rolleyes: They said i should have it with in 2 weeks of appying - well its 3 weeks today - good ole ofsted!!!!!:laughing: Again mine is continuity of care plus I care for childs brothers sometimes in hols.

Minstrel
24-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks.

Do you just need to fill out the form or do you need to send in evidence too? ie the childrens contracts, letter from parents confirming work hours?