PDA

View Full Version : Ideas from Montessori

jumpinjen
24-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi,

me again, still got insomnia!!!

I'm doing a series of posts about using Montessori practically as a childminder, if you are interested take a look:

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/03/montessori-in-minute-freedom.html

jenni x

Nix
24-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks Jen...for some reason I cannot post on your blog.:mad:

miffy
24-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks Jen

I'll have a read later :)

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
24-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks Jen...for some reason I cannot post on your blog.:mad:

Hi Nix, have you tried selecting 'anonymous' out of the user ID's??

Or e-mail me and I will add your comment for you!!

jen x

TheBTeam
24-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Thought provoking, thanks, although it took longer than a minute, i think i operate similarly ish now,

Polly2
24-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Very interesting Jen - links in well with the book I am reading on child initiated play (recommended by pip:thumbsup: ).

jumpinjen
24-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Very interesting Jen - links in well with the book I am reading on child initiated play (recommended by pip:thumbsup: ).

ooh, what book is that?? I like books!!

jen x

solly
24-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks Jen:)

Polly2
24-03-2010, 12:43 PM
ooh, what book is that?? I like books!!

jen x

Like bees not butterflies - child initiated learning in the early years ISBN 978-1-906029-76-0

I got it from amazon :thumbsup:

Graham
24-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Like bees not butterflies - child initiated learning in the early years ISBN 978-1-906029-76-0

I got it from amazon :thumbsup:

It's in the forum shop here:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/1408125226

jumpinjen
24-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks Graham!!

jenni:)

mammumof4
24-03-2010, 05:17 PM
thanks that was great, made a comment x

Mollymop
24-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Well done it's great and interesting - spotted a few typo errors in there such as "won clothing" and "eachother"

Just thought I would let you know so you can change :blush: :)

jumpinjen
24-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Well done it's great and interesting - spotted a few typo errors in there such as "won clothing" and "eachother"

Just thought I would let you know so you can change :blush: :)

Thank you!!!!!

jen x

Fabby
24-03-2010, 10:24 PM
really interesting reading. im glad i have found your blog!!

Desi-101
25-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Lovely, I wish out council would sponser Montessori training but they dont, I would do it tomorrow if I could afford it!

I am bringing my son up with alot of these methods and choices i.e the food choice! play choices etc..

I find some parents tut tut me and force feed their children "correct food on time at set times" but they are obese themselves!! this confuses me.:)

jumpinjen
25-03-2010, 08:16 AM
really interesting reading. im glad i have found your blog!!

Thankyou, that is so nice!

jumpinjen
25-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Lovely, I wish out council would sponser Montessori training but they dont, I would do it tomorrow if I could afford it!

I am bringing my son up with alot of these methods and choices i.e the food choice! play choices etc..

I find some parents tut tut me and force feed their children "correct food on time at set times" but they are obese themselves!! this confuses me.:)

The Montessori International certificate in early years is a level four course and is certified as such by the CWDC, so your LEA can't actually refuse to fund it I don't think, if it is on the list, as long as you don't already have an early years qualification that is higherr than or equivalent to level 4!

Try again, I am doing mine by distance learning and it is worth it!

jen x

Heaven Scent
25-03-2010, 08:33 AM
My standard speil for parents is

"freedom of choice & Freedom of movement within a controlled environment"

Practical life exercise on Care of the Environment and Grace and Courtesy develop the childrens ability to gain and use this freedom.

Contrary to popular belief a Montessori Environment is "A place where children like what they do rather then where they do what they like"

Controlling the environment is where I see my main responsibility lies when it comes to adult led activities - which then leds to the children having the freedom to safely and happily engage in child led activities. Its more of a subtle approadch to adult leadership.

Depending on the age of the children and the activities I lay out on my open shelving etc I may involve them in the choosing what goes on the shelves. I have my Montessori section and I generally control that though my observations of the children - when it comes to other resources I involve them more in what goes where - within the limits of my home that is.

jumpinjen
26-03-2010, 07:11 AM
I like your standard speil Celest, it sums it up perfectly.... I've been putting off writing anything about Montessori because i find it so hard to word things! It is really helpful to have experienced montessori users comment on what i write!

Thanks, Jen x