PDA

View Full Version : My assistants leaving me

Ben10mad
23-03-2010, 07:28 PM
:(
She has give me four weeks notice yesterday, she said she needs more hours and money so can not afford to stay.
I have her every day and care for 8 children..... now what do i do:idea:
I really haven't got a clue what to do, employ somebody else which the crb can take for ages or let some kiddies go and work on my own.:(

Jelly Baby
23-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh no..sorry to hear that and not sure what the solution is..are there any other childminders who are short of work who could help in some way?
Let us know how you get on x

sarah707
23-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Oh that's a tough one with CRB checks taking so long.

Is there nothing you can do to keep her? :(

Twinkles
23-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Could you contact your local DO and ask for some names of childminders who have recently registered but have no work yet ? They could be your assistant while they are waiting to find their own mindees.

Meantime you can get a new assistant and get them crb checked.

Fabby
23-03-2010, 08:33 PM
just to let you know that crb's are being turned around within 4weeks (90% of them)

upadaisy
23-03-2010, 08:35 PM
have you someone down as your emergency cover .... if so use them until you get someone else vetted .... if you were to drop children how many would you lose ......

xxx

Ben10mad
23-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I have emergency cover but she cant help either, my heads just spinning!
i have a lady coming round tomorrow for a INTERVIEW oh i love that word makes me the boss :laughing:
my assistants with me for 3 an half weeks so if im happy with this lady coming tomorrow i will get cracking on ey2 form and crb it will maybe 3-4 weeks that i will struggle as i cant leave her with kiddies but at least she can still work along side me whilst were waiting for crb

By the way i love this forum :)

Ben10mad
23-03-2010, 10:49 PM
have you someone down as your emergency cover .... if so use them until you get someone else vetted .... if you were to drop children how many would you lose ......

xxx

i would loose 3 and there all good hours as well

auntym
23-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Sorry dont mean to seem nosey hon. But are you not able to offer your assistant more hours or more money? If not then I hope your interview goes well x x

Ben10mad
23-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry dont mean to seem nosey hon. But are you not able to offer your assistant more hours or more money? If not then I hope your interview goes well x x

hiya, its imposable to give her any more hours and money, wouldn't be worth my while it takes 3 children to pay here on a weekly basis, and she picks up quite a good wage but its around 30 hours that she does but needs more, and my area is quite at the mo for care, doesn't help as near enough every school round here now has before/after school care

Will let you all know how i get on tomorrow
Thanx for the reply's xxxx

Helen Dempster
24-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Could you contact your local DO and ask for some names of childminders who have recently registered but have no work yet ? They could be your assistant while they are waiting to find their own mindees.

Meantime you can get a new assistant and get them crb checked.

This is what I was gonna say (great minds eh?) Do you know many other childminders? Just put the word out amongst them, and you never know, there might be one who's been thinking of becoming an assistant, and you could be the answer to their prayers :D

Ben10mad
28-03-2010, 10:07 PM
hiya just to give you an update.
I have had 5 lady's round and i have picked one :clapping:
Ive sent off ey2 form and booked her on the next available first aid course.
Now its just the waiting game to see when ofsted pull their fingers out :)
xxx

manjay
28-03-2010, 10:13 PM
hiya just to give you an update.
I have had 5 lady's round and i have picked one :clapping:
Ive sent off ey2 form and booked her on the next available first aid course.
Now its just the waiting game to see when ofsted pull their fingers out :)
xxx

5!! Wow!! Hope they sort it quickly for you:thumbsup: