PDA

View Full Version : settling in

mamasheshe
23-03-2010, 06:57 PM
settled in first of three babies that are starting with me (well their all under 14months) today he was a star no tears or anything whooo hooooo he's coming again next Tuesday for an afternoon then starts the beginning of April:laughing: :laughing: :clapping:

tracey36
23-03-2010, 06:59 PM
iv had a 7 month old with me all day today for first time after few 2 hour sessions of settling in, looked like his liuttle face was gonna crumple but then gave me a big smile and didnt stop all day :)

francinejayne
23-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Aw well done.

I had mum and 18 month old come round today. Mum's hoping to start back in 2 weeks and I'll have LO 3 days a week, but up until now she hasn't been left with anyone ever, not even family! Mum is very very apprehensive, so I suggesed she come round a few times in the next few weeks, so they're both coming on Thursday for lunch. I then suggested another time with mum, then perhaps mum should leave LO for an hour the third time - what does everyone think? And if anyone has any tips in advance they'll be greatly recieved!

x

miffy
23-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Aw well done.

I had mum and 18 month old come round today. Mum's hoping to start back in 2 weeks and I'll have LO 3 days a week, but up until now she hasn't been left with anyone ever, not even family! Mum is very very apprehensive, so I suggesed she come round a few times in the next few weeks, so they're both coming on Thursday for lunch. I then suggested another time with mum, then perhaps mum should leave LO for an hour the third time - what does everyone think? And if anyone has any tips in advance they'll be greatly recieved!

x

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

I think you'll find these sessions will be about reassuring mum as much as settling in baby.

I always say to parents they can phone if they want to check everything's OK.

Take a few photos of lo playing so they can see she/he has been fine without them.

Miffy xx

mamasheshe
24-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Aw well done.

x

maybe she could pop down the shops for a couple of minutes to gage the situation on the second visit??