PDA

View Full Version : dust and stuff!!!

Blackhorse
23-03-2010, 06:41 PM
where is it all coming from???

I constantly either vacuum or sweep the floor.

I vacuum at least once daily and go over the floors with a brush several times a day...in the evenings I then wash the floors....

BUT every single time of doing this I pick up tons of dust and stuff like food bits dropped at lunch or dinner time....
I mean if anyone was to vacuum my floors they would think based on the amount of stuff that collects in the cleaner that it hasnt been done in weeks!!

How do you all keep your floors clean? I dont mean what products you use but how often do you do it? and how much dust and stuff do you get each time round...

I think I am doing something wrong...
Kids are not allowed into the house with shoes on and neither are the parents. they wait at the door in the hall.....

I am going MAD!

Jelly Baby
23-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Lol you are not the only one!

On sunday i stripped our upstairs bathroom out and totally cleaned it out from top to toe..guess what this morning 2 days later it looks the same as it did grrr..

I did our bedroom, window sills, floors etc..again im sure a cleaner would think i never do it.

Kitchen and lounge a never ending battle! We too make everyone take their shoes off.

Dh has said when....(if lo)l i get the twins i can have a cleaner which i have agreed to..at times i wonder if there is any point as ide always be doing it inbetween..ahhh!

francinejayne
23-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I hoover at least once aday and mop at least every other day. I'm glad it's not just me! Hoovering is part of my daily childminding routine - I'm just not sure where it fits under the EYFS?! :blush:

LOOPYLISA
23-03-2010, 06:54 PM
We have wooden floors, omg the dust, there is only me during the day here, we do have 3 cats though :rolleyes:

I hoover every day :panic:

tracey36
23-03-2010, 06:55 PM
i have wooden floors im sure it attracts more dust or perhaps carpets just hide it better lol but im constantly hoovering sweeping or mopping it.

Tatjana
23-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I can't stand it :panic: i'm always cleaning, it's not just the floors though dust on the furniture accumulates so quickly too. Although must agree the floors are the worst, I often clean the kitchen and bathroom floors twice a day as they just look awful.

I've often wanted a cleaner but unless I could affford one to come everyday not sure what the point would be as i'd still be doing it everyday.:panic:

xx

Jules27
23-03-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL me and housework do not get on very well!!!! HATE it!! And since i've been minding i've had to do more of it more often grrrrr!!!!! Hoping come september to pay a cleaner - my best mate lol - she is giving me mates rates bless!!! - to give my bathroom a damn good clean once a week as I don't have time, this will be while i'm out at childminders toddlers - any spare time afterwards she will spend doing kitchen .... can't wait!!!!

Jelly Baby
23-03-2010, 07:23 PM
LOL me and housework do not get on very well!!!! HATE it!! And since i've been minding i've had to do more of it more often grrrrr!!!!! Hoping come september to pay a cleaner - my best mate lol - she is giving me mates rates bless!!! - to give my bathroom a damn good clean once a week as I don't have time, this will be while i'm out at childminders toddlers - any spare time afterwards she will spend doing kitchen .... can't wait!!!!

This is what i'm trying to determine what to get the cleaner to do (keep saying that hoping i still have the twins ahhh!!) anyway what would you get her to do? i clean for people and try to do everything but some weeks they just want things like the fridge cleaned out or cooker done etc..are you jus thaving her generally clean?

The Juggler
23-03-2010, 07:24 PM
i'm constantly wiping round, either wetwipes or those dust dogs - normal dusters just move it about.

sarah707
23-03-2010, 08:26 PM
A lot of it is skin! :eek: :D

The Juggler
23-03-2010, 09:15 PM
A lot of it is skin! :eek: :D

blueeech! that's horrible!

brillminder
24-03-2010, 07:52 PM
we have 2 wood burner to cut fuel bill but they do make dust too & mostly hard floor lol

AliceK
24-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I hoover downstairs every morning but by mid morning and then again by mid afternoon my laminate floors look like they haven't been hoovered for about a week so I end up sweeping them again probably 2 / 3 times a day. It's never ending and drives me mad but I can't stand to see dust / dog hair on my floor.
I do have a cleaner who comes in once a week but she does upstairs. I can keep on top of the downstairs cleaning, do some whilst mindees are occupied or asleep but obviously I can't do the upstairs so rather than me spending hours at a weekend doing it I get my lovely cleaning lady to do it that way I just need to do a quick tidy round at weekends.

xxxxxxxxxx

Winnie
24-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I keep my home clean (ish) but i have a woodburner & our house is 17th century......which all adds up to a lot of dust & dust is not the end of the world :D

Desi-101
25-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Whew ...its not just me then :clapping:

I hoover every day! dust here and there daily but have a "major dust" weekly! kitchen sink scum daily! don't mention the bathroom etc...

floors are my worst! never seems clean for long no matter how many times I hoover!!! ahhhhhhhhh

PixiePetal
25-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I try not to look too closely. We have a victorian farmhouse, always dusty :rolleyes:

Like AliceK I have a cleaner who does mainly upstairs and I do downstairs. She has just had an op though so the family pitched in at the weekend - she should be back Monday :clapping:

singlewiththree
25-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Mine is the same I have laminate throughout and end up sweeping daily and disinfecting (due to crawling baby) I'm exhausted by the end of the day.

sweets
25-03-2010, 07:42 AM
well my house must be weird as it rarely gets dusty!! dont know why!

i hoover usualy twice a week and upstairs once a fortnight, i have laminat in the hallway that is mopped once a week, the babies dont crawl out there and because i have prams on it every day it does get a bit mucky but not too bad so i just do it on a fri so i know its clean for weekend, any big bits of muck i see it on it during the week i will just wipe up wioth kitchen roll but lifes too short to keep it spotless all the time! lol.

As for dusting, i rarely need to do it, prob just once every 2-3 weeks, there is never dust on the tv or fireplace!