PDA

View Full Version : A silly cleaning question

desiderata
23-03-2010, 06:13 PM
As you all probably do I have to clean my kitchen and hall floor frequently I use mops and steam cleaners and various cleaning fluids but my floor never shines and sometimes looks patchy and not clean. The other question is round the edges right next to skirting boards I find it gets really mucky and struggle to get it looking right.

What do you all do?

sweets
23-03-2010, 06:17 PM
using cleaning products is probably your problem! my laminate floor always used to look dull till someone told me that all cleaning products leave a residue on the floor which takes away the shine. i now use a mop bucket full of water with a splash of white vinigar in and my floors are shiny! vinegar is a natural antibacterail liquid and cleans brilliantly. as long as you dont use too much then it doesnt smell either, but even of you do then the smell soon goes as soon as the floor is dry. :)

youarewhatyoueat
23-03-2010, 06:17 PM
lol I get my 2 boys age 4 and 7 to clean my skirting boards and around the edge with flash wipes, they love doing it and do a great job!!!
Mind you I've just looked at my floor and it needs a clean, but I only tend to do it on a tuesday night as I have a crawling baby on a wednesday, I really don't do it that often, it never seems to look any better!!!

charliegee
23-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Ah I'm just the same!

I tend to find I'm always out with a broom whenever possible and when I was doing food I limited food to being just in the kitchen / dining area at the table which was nice and showed importance of social interaction / mealtime and also kept crumbs etc to one floor!

I use lots of floor cleaner and cilit bang (?!) - whatever is on offer really

part of me would love white / cream carpets and some lovely white furniture - I do miss having a super clean house (inside me lives a bit of a neat freak!! :blush: think monica from friends (ish!))......although saying that I'd miss the fingerprints and kiddie clutter if it wasn't about! :laughing:

charliegee
23-03-2010, 06:18 PM
ooh just seen that white wine vinegar tip sweets!! will have to give that a try!

x

sweets
23-03-2010, 06:20 PM
ooh just seen that white wine vinegar tip sweets!! will have to give that a try!

x

NOT white wine vinegar!! lol. just plain white vinegar, its really cheap and you'll find it with the normal malt vinegar in the supermarket.:laughing: :laughing:

charliegee
23-03-2010, 06:27 PM
oh how funny!!! what a wally I am !! think I have wine on the brain as going to have a little glass with my dinner :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

desiderata
23-03-2010, 06:28 PM
ooh thanks for that that will be cheaper than the cleaning products too!!! just want it to look clean when I have done it.xxx

sweets
23-03-2010, 06:28 PM
oh how funny!!! what a wally I am !! think I have wine on the brain as going to have a little glass with my dinner :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

make sure you get the right one to drink! :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Tinglesnark
23-03-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks for the tips!! :thumbsup:

mama2three
23-03-2010, 06:34 PM
NOT white wine vinegar!! lol. just plain white vinegar, its really cheap and you'll find it with the normal malt vinegar in the supermarket.:laughing: :laughing:

it works to make your hair supershiny too if you put a bit in the rinse water:D

Jelly Baby
23-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I am a total neat freak and am always cleaning the floors!! I use whatever is on offer but in the lounge i use the pledge laminate cleaner and it is pretty good. In the kitchen i tend to use Cif in lemon or grapefruit as love the smell but dh came home with some commercial stuff and its amazing really cleans well.

Tatjana
23-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I use a drop of washing up liquid and a drop of bleach, my wooden floors are quite shiny, sometimes a bit too much and end up slippery!:blush:

xx