PDA

View Full Version : Last 10 mins before pick-up time most stressful?

Ripeberry
23-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Do find this so? I can have a realy good day with mindee, just over 10hrs of no incidents and he always manages to do something before mum comes to the door.
At least today, she saw it happen, he gets so exited that he runs off away from her and he fell on the carpet, then lots of screaming :(
But nothing damaged thank goodness.
Must be like that for all of us, especially if there are lots of kids to get ready to leave.

TheBTeam
23-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Mine all go at different times, and i like it at the moment as a few of the littlies go fairly quickly after the school run in the afternoon, it is a bit manic sometimes on the days when a few parents turn up at once as we only have a small hallway and can be juggling children, bags, shoes and coats and passing kids all over the show!

jelly15
23-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Mine tend to go at different times too. One LO's pick up time can vary 45 mins (contracted to 6.00 when I close) and I am always thinking if Dad comes early I have got time to do this or that (housework), so I find that bit a little stressful.

Jelly Baby
23-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Yes!! my current and past mindees have been fine all day and as soon as that bell goes..boom! off they go into madness!

Tinglesnark
23-03-2010, 06:43 PM
i can imagine! ill let you know when i get there...lol

upadaisy
23-03-2010, 08:56 PM
hi

we hate "HAND-OVERS" the children go totally ape s..t ..... no matter what we do nothing works .... and the worse of it is the PARENTS JUST STAND THERE "OMG" pull my hair out ....

sticker charts:
rewards:
best behaved at home time certificate:
traffic lights:

we try and take control but no no no no no no no
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
lol lol lol
xxx :clapping:

celdemorg
24-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I've got a lo, who always starts throwing himself on the floor and kicking his legs when his mum arrives, on occasions has started running off then mum doesn't do anything just looks at him:( .

mum2two
24-03-2010, 09:24 AM
This is the reason I get their coats and shoes on before parents arrive. At least then if they start playing up, the parents can just drag them out. If they don't have soes & coats on, it's a 'game' to them to get them to door, only to run off again & refuse to get shoes on for mum!

I'm not being rude, and will talk to parents if they want to, but at that time of day, i can't be doing with chasing,, games, sillyness - I just want my time!!!

xx

RedDragon
24-03-2010, 09:28 AM
This is the reason I get their coats and shoes on before parents arrive. At least then if they start playing up, the parents can just drag them out. If they don't have soes & coats on, it's a 'game' to them to get them to door, only to run off again & refuse to get shoes on for mum!

I'm not being rude, and will talk to parents if they want to, but at that time of day, i can't be doing with chasing,, games, sillyness - I just want my time!!!

xx

Yes, I do that with 2 of mine (the little ones) and the bigger ones I find something to occupy myself with and let the parent tell them 35 times to get their coat/shoes/bookbag etc.

AliceK
24-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I must be really strict then because seeing as the parents just seem to stand around laughing at their children running around I just take over straight away, get the coats, shoes on and gently lead them to the front door telling them I'll see them tomorrow. I love them all dearly but I've got too much to do with my own LO's afterwards to have to stand around wasting time.

xxxxxx

dlissaman
24-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I too have them waiting in coats and shoes, they also have to help tidy something away prior to their hometime. I like to mentally prepare them :)

funemnx
26-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Why do they all do that? Yes great idea to get shoes and coats before they go - I have been known to scoop up a child and put them in mums car, otherwise we'd be there for ever!! :)

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Do find this so? I can have a realy good day with mindee, just over 10hrs of no incidents and he always manages to do something before mum comes to the door.
At least today, she saw it happen, he gets so exited that he runs off away from her and he fell on the carpet, then lots of screaming :(
But nothing damaged thank goodness.
Must be like that for all of us, especially if there are lots of kids to get ready to leave.

All mine go at different times but the 2 who go last are a bit hyper / silly and scream a lot just before home time

Just glad its not like that for the whole day

Angel xx