PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Fabby
23-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Are you all aware that you need to check your deeds on your mortgage that you are allowed to run a business from home?? You may already know, but within the last 12 months of all the research (i thought i did) and contacts with different people from different organisations, this has only been brought to my attention today by a Business Link Advisor. I now need to get onto the phone to my mortgage provider and check to make sure that there is no 'RESTRICITVE COVERNANTS' on my deeds that will restrict me from running a business from home.....

jelly15
23-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Gosh I had no idea this might be a problem, I had permission from local council planning dept, sorted house insurance but never thought about the mortgage company, will be checking tonight, thanks.

Mollymop
23-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Will it include us though as we are not really running a business - we are self- employed ?? Thanks x:)

Fabby
23-03-2010, 03:38 PM
If you have your deeds to hand then check them. I am really hoping that this isn't going be a problem when i call them ....

Fabby
23-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Will it include us though as we are not really running a business - we are self- employed ?? Thanks x:)

The business link advisor knew that i am going be doing childminding and he rang a solicitor whilst i was there to double check

loocyloo
23-03-2010, 03:56 PM
i was told that childminding isn't classed as 'running a business from home' as such, as its 'domestic' or something! not sitting in an office!

jumpinjen
23-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Didn't check and not going to either..... i'm not sure how my mortgage provide would find out really, and what I don't know won't hurt me.... yet, possibly not the most adult approach to take but it suits me!!

Jen x

aly
23-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm sure someone else posted something similar before but had it confirmed as we are not a business in the normal sense but a childminder they were covered.

Fabby
23-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Panic over guys, i called and alls i need to do is fax/post a letter saying I am childminding from home and not changed or planning on changing the building. I had to check and i have wrote the letter to fax tomorrow because i would rather be safe than sorry.

miffy
23-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Panic over guys, i called and alls i need to do is fax/post a letter saying I am childminding from home and not changed or planning on changing the building. I had to check and i have wrote the letter to fax tomorrow because i would rather be safe than sorry.

Glad it's sorted and the panic's over!

Miffy xx

Tinglesnark
23-03-2010, 06:29 PM
good stuff lol :clapping:

Leanne59
24-03-2010, 09:33 AM
oh my! my heart sunk when i read that, ill write a letter later for margage company,

Fabby
24-03-2010, 09:42 AM
oh my! my heart sunk when i read that, ill write a letter later for margage company,

so did mine yesterday when i ws advised!! i was like, oh no!!!! My letter is printed and ready to fax over to them x