PDA

View Full Version : Getting really fed up :(

Gizmo
23-03-2010, 02:19 PM
After posting 150 leaflets through doors advert in my car and most of the local shops, I am on any web site I can think of, I just dont know what else to do.
MY PHONE JUST ISNT RINGING NOT FAIR
Please send me phone ringing vibes and help this poor old cm not feel so fed up anymore :crying:

youarewhatyoueat
23-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Have you tried any local nanny agencies to offer emergency daycare, and babysitting in the evenings.
If you have the nvq3 it may be worth speaking to social services as well, and offer to help out at the local play group and toddler groups, my work has always come from people seeing me out and about at the children centre and toddler groups.
My phone hasn't rung this year!!!!!

ORKSIE
23-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Sending lots of phone ringing vibes to you

brriiinngg Brriinngg

XXXX

Spangles
23-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Don't give up on the leaflets especially. People often hang on to them and refer to them at a later date or pass them on to friends.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until you get some calls. Fingers crossed!

Alibali
23-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Hope the phone starts ringing NOW!

jelly15
23-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Hold on in there, vibes heading your way.

mamasheshe
23-03-2010, 03:29 PM
hopefully all your hard work will pay off:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doodles
23-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Sending you loads of luck, hope you get a call soon.

sarah707
23-03-2010, 06:03 PM
My friend has just found work by trawling the parents pages of childcare.co.uk and emailing anyone who says they are looking.

Fingers crossed for you :D

Blackhorse
23-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Hope your phone will ring soon...

we were discussing this at toddlers today with some of the local cm's....
nobody has had any calls in ages....so if it is at least some comfort it isnt just you..everyone in the area seems to be affected......

It's a small world
23-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Sending ringing vibes. Do you attend local cm groups?? Have you placed any cards in shops ? I know our local Wilkinsons has a notice board, some shops are a little funny though like supermarkets. Like Sarah says search local childcare websites. Do you have a local paper that you could advertise in?my hairdresser said I could leave some cards there the other day that might be an idea.
Hope your phone rings soon. Sending good luck vibes too:thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
23-03-2010, 06:27 PM
i got my first mindee from the direct.gov site so it does work!!
good luck, i know how depressing it is!
:thumbsup:

Gizmo
23-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I do have one full time and one part time mindee, I have spaces for a Mon Tues Weds and really need to fill them. There doesnt seem to be many parents use childcare.co.uk near here. I have noticed that some of the cms at our group have started getting calls again so hopefully they will come my way. Dont really want to do babysitting in the evening as that is my family time and full timer is here from 7-6 so a long day

Blackhorse
23-03-2010, 06:45 PM
meant to add that I had several parents look my profile up on childcare.co.uk but non of them have contacted me......

MAKE GIZMO'S PHONE RING NOW!!

ORKSIE
23-03-2010, 07:17 PM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tam's Tribe
23-03-2010, 07:49 PM
*hmmmmm na na na hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm na na na*

That is just me mediating, sending you good vibes to get that phone ringing with lots and lots and lots of enquiries.

You know at first things were not happening for me i.e. getting mindees so I decided to get myself an evening job to help pay monthly bills and just as I got the job, I got loads of work!!

GOOD LUCK . . . and keep trying everything, never give up!!

Lovies
Tam
x

charliegee
23-03-2010, 07:51 PM
ah don't give up hun - hope that phone gets buzzing for you ASAP!

XXX

miffy
23-03-2010, 08:41 PM
meant to add that I had several parents look my profile up on childcare.co.uk but non of them have contacted me......

Hope this works! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Gizmo
23-03-2010, 08:54 PM
got a bit excited there THE PHONE RANG but it was someone looking to see if I wanted to book a candle party my darling sister had given her my number :laughing: :laughing:
Ok so it worked but can you now make the phone ring with someone on the other end looking for a childminder :laughing:

miffy
23-03-2010, 08:58 PM
got a bit excited there THE PHONE RANG but it was someone looking to see if I wanted to book a candle party my darling sister had given her my number :laughing: :laughing:
Ok so it worked but can you now make the phone ring with someone on the other end looking for a childminder :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, did you book a candle party?

You might be able to give her some of your business cards to dish out when she's holding a party..............

Miffy xx

Gizmo
24-03-2010, 12:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, did you book a candle party?

You might be able to give her some of your business cards to dish out when she's holding a party..............

Miffy xx

I didnt book a party gonna have words with my sis though :laughing:

Heaven Scent
25-03-2010, 06:11 AM
I hate being where you are at the moment its reall frustrating and believe me I've been there a lot in the past year and a half.

The 3 things that worked for me are:-

1) give your local Direct gov/surstart chilcare search team (or whatever they like to call themselves these days) a call and tell them you need bumping up to the top of the list - if you don't feel like being this cheeky at first then tell them that you need them to alter your vacancies or something else. Call them weekly and once you get to know them you will feel confident enough to just say "no luck again can you bump me up to the top of the list". At the moment your name on the site does not move but it does on the physical list they send out or when someone gives them a call. - This is where I get most of my work.

2) The other thing that worked for me was putting an add in the local News paper - it cost me £30 but I put a boxed add in just inside the front page when all the "Whats on sort of stuff goes e.g. where local companies advertise sales/special offers etc" and I got a 3 day pw mindee from that - mum was 6 mths pregnant at the time and child didn't start until she was 6mths old but it was work when all I had was 1 X 1.5year old 2 days pw and 1 X afterschoolie 5 days pw. L.O. has been with me for 7 mths now. I kept in touch with mum & baby regularly before she started I kept track of the birth and went round with flowers when baby was born then I saw them here quite a few times before baby started.

3) Word of mouth

a) other minders - I tell them what spaces I have and if I get calls for work I can't do I give their names to the caller and say tell them I gave you their name - got 3 lots of mindees this way.

b) Childrens Centre - I tell lots of people there - Network Co-ordinator/Development officer, People who run other groups there & Family Support Workers (I've had 2 mindees from there 1 was short term and the other is for the long haul - well that is the idea!!!!) - I go to all sorts of groups there especially in the hols when my other groups aren't running.

If its any consolation to you I was full before Christmas then 1 mum (only been with me for 4 weeks gave up her job) now I've fill the space again with one from the childrens centre.

Sending positive vibes for lots of phone ringing in the very near future - Good Luck!!!!