PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to sell toys.....

Rasharoon
23-03-2010, 01:36 PM
As I'm giving up childminding, I have a toy room full of toys that I'd like to try and sell. Nothing extortionate, but just to raise a few pennies.

To list everything on ebay will take me an age. I've looked at local Nearly New Sales near me, and they've all taken place - not until summer now. Websites like flickr and photobucket - what are these about.

Can't really have a garage sale as I'm tucked away and nobody would find me so aside from a car boot sale - any other ideas?

I live in Billingshurst, West Sussex so anybody who is local, pm me and you are more than welcome to pop round.

Thanks

mama2three
23-03-2010, 01:37 PM
pop a list on the for sale board on here. i and lots of other new minders are always on the lookout! You probably need to be happy to post things though.:thumbsup:

SparklingGems
23-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I didnt realise ther was a for sale board on here will have to have a look for it now

tracey36
23-03-2010, 01:49 PM
was going to suggest the same there is a for sale board on here or why not just sell as a job lot on ebay? rahter than doing it all individually

solly
23-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I would be interested in what you have and i am quite close to you as i live in southwater, although my problem will be i dont drive

mamasheshe
23-03-2010, 01:56 PM
or do a car boot xxxxxxx

PixiePetal
23-03-2010, 02:01 PM
my sister lives not far from you, I am in East Sussex and always on the lookout for extra toys etc. Would def be interested to know what you have :D

The sale thread is a good place to start. I have bought a few bits from other minders :thumbsup:

Rasharoon
23-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I've tried ebay with a job lot before and it didn't work out that I ended up individually listing everything on various sites and it took me an age. Literally took over my life for 2 weeks of the summer holidays.

When I get a mo, I will make a list and put on the 'for sale' board.

Thanks

caz3007
23-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I would also be interested in what you have. I live in Bognor, so not a million miles away, it was worth my while

Rasharoon
23-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I would also be interested in what you have. I live in Bognor, so not a million miles away, it was worth my while

What I'll try and do tomorrow is take a picture of some of the bits I have and put on the 'for sale' board. I don't have the 'big toys' due to lack of space but I've got the usual of board games, books, puzzles, cars, Leapfrog Shopping Trolley and till, interactive globes, My First Leapad books, iron, iron board, a cooker with utensils and pots, two buggies, shopping baskets with pretend food, a slide, seesaw, picnic table, octons, dressing up (police, fireman, doctors), cotton reels, lacing cards, toddler toys like pop ups, an ELC camera, barney cd player.

I will see what I can do over the next few days.

Bigger items are a highchair, double buggy, single buggy, small white board, noticeboards - 2 of these - children's dressing up mirror from Ikea, magnetic My First Calendar, sand and water table, a small trampoline, garden snacks and ladders.

PixiePetal
23-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I need a second high chair - will look on the sale thread :thumbsup:

mama2three
23-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Id love some octons so will watch with interest.

The Juggler
23-03-2010, 02:28 PM
why not ask if you can advertise at the CM drop in or ask the local children's centres/D.O. to inform new childminders locally that they can buy a job lot/starter kit from you if they are interested in it.

You might have to price it as a whole lot as well as individually. Or approach the local toddler group organisers. Their toys get so bashed and used they will probably be glad of some second hand quality toys.

sandy64
23-03-2010, 02:43 PM
i no some one who gave up cm she took photos and put price on and stuck in a book and went to local cm groups, toddlers etc to see if anyone wanted to buy.then when each was sold ripped out of book that way she new what was left. worth a go.

Jules27
23-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Netmums has a forsale board too. I've got some kids clothes and bits mine have finished with, can't be bothered with listing on ebay so i'm going to try there!!