PDA

View Full Version : Vomiting bug. What would you do?

Ritaroo
23-03-2010, 12:58 PM
My DS2 has had a vomiting bug for about 36 hours now. Last time he was sick was this morning. I am due to have two mindees tomorrow, a 15 month old and 3 year old. Both have had it already in the last couple of weeks but I think you can get it again. The 3 year old is quite sickly and very underweight for his age. His mum is quite worried that he may get it again and lose more weight.

Should I say I can't have them again tomorrow to be on the safe side and wait until 48 hours have passed from the last time my DS was sick as I think this is how long you are infectious for? Don't know what to do, help!

ORKSIE
23-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I def would, or this bug is gonna keep reinfecting the LO's
Hope your DS is feeling better soon

xx

green puppy
23-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I would close, I think it's only fair as you would exclude the mindees if they caught it. Plus you can just concentrate on your ds, hope it passes soon.

leeloo1
23-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I believed it was a legal requirement to not mind for 48 hours after the last incidence of vomitting/diarrhoea? If the parents brought the mindees knowing they'd been sick and you/your son caught it you'd be pretty annoyed, so I think you have to honour this in reverse too.

Still very annoying for you to lose the income though! :(

charliegee
23-03-2010, 01:14 PM
me too - I'd close. Horrid things bugs

Hope your little one feels better soon - poor thing

x

Zoomie
23-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I've been closed since Saturday 13 March, so 11th day today, and my DD was sick again this morning.

DS1 had it first Sat & Sun
I had it Sun, Mon & Tues
DD had it last Tues - today (plus at least Wed & thurs for 48h rule)
DS2 had it Sat, Sun & Mon.

My experience is that is actually taking more than 48 hours to get rid of. We are probably reinfecting, but I have done everything I can, cleaned walls, floors, surfaces, toys, bedding.

I am sick of it :mad:

Ritaroo
23-03-2010, 01:54 PM
That sounds awful, poor you hope it doesn't go on for much longer. The bug we have seems to be just affecting the littlies so far.

Looks like I will have to close for the rest of the week then as well as have a major cleaning spree. Thanks for the advice, I have not had this happen before so wasn't sure what to do.

Although this bug seems so rife around here there is nothing to say they won't pick it up from somewhere else anyway but at least I am doing my best to stop it re-infecting. It's costing me a fortune though in lost fees!

tracey36
23-03-2010, 01:56 PM
i would close otherwise this bug will be never ending been passed between everyone

youarewhatyoueat
23-03-2010, 02:19 PM
If you don't close then be prepared for the parents to only keep their child away from you for 24 hours if they are sick. You have to do what you would expect them to do and it should be in your policy so everyone knows where they stand.

Louise_Oaktree
23-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Child was off 48 hrs with it and came back - then I got it and only closed for 24hrs - parents happy to send child as he had "already had it" then he got it again :eek:

I am sick of it here too - we have not been too affected but it seems to be someone different every 2 weeks!

snufflepuff
23-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd close.
We've all had it here too. Mindee came on a Monday with D+V, Mum failed to tell me she had been unwell for 3 days! (and still wanted to bring her back the next day too!). DS caught it and had it for over a week (including on his first birthday!:( ) then i caught it, then DP, then DPs mum and sister, then my grandparents......it was a real nightmare!