PDA

View Full Version : Parents forgot everything this morning

sarah32
23-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I have a new 10 months mindee starting with me soon and having her today from 8am - 5pm.

Mum drops her off with no socks, when gone checked bag and a pair of socks but odd, no nappies and no wipes, none at all.

So have had to dig out some nappies, my own wipes and a spare pair of socks.

Not good on her first full day with me.:(

Thought I had a good parent with a a good head on her as she works for the council.:laughing:

gigglinggoblin
23-03-2010, 08:30 AM
oh no! Would it be worth invoicing her for a new pack of nappies and wipes to keep at your house? She wouldnt be happy if you had to get her to come back if you had nothing in!

auntym
23-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Oh how strange. You usually find on first day theyre oh so organised lol. I would mention it later and just ask her to ensure she brings them next time, as its not always the case that you have spares.
I had a parent who use to rely on my spares! ;)

mama2three
23-03-2010, 08:41 AM
my mindees mum made a point of telling me lo had had 6 'accidents' on sunday - but still hadnt put any spare pants in her bag. maybe shell get the hint when lo keeps going home in my ds's underpants! ( lo doesnt mind as long as theyve got buzz lightyear on!)

jelly15
23-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Dad once brought LO (23 months) with no nappy on:eek: . I thought she had spilt her drink until I picked her up and found she had no nappy.

CAZMCA
23-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Dad once brought LO (23 months) with no nappy on:eek: . I thought she had spilt her drink until I picked her up and found she had no nappy.

whoops!, i think we've all been there lol

haribo
23-03-2010, 09:32 AM
whoops!, i think we've all been there lol

certainly have :laughing: mind you i once picked up my newly out of nappies dd to put her on the swings and found she had a bare bum :blush: i hadnt even put knickers on her :eek:

tracey36
23-03-2010, 09:39 AM
how strange like someone said earlier parents are usually super organised to begin with, have u filled in your contracts yet saying who supplys nappies and wipes? perhaps she is assuming you provide all that ??

Mouse
23-03-2010, 11:07 AM
how strange like someone said earlier parents are usually super organised to begin with, have u filled in your contracts yet saying who supplys nappies and wipes? perhaps she is assuming you provide all that ??

That's true. It could be that she thinks you supply nappies etc. I do supply wipes, so don't expect parents to send any. They usually bring me a whole packet of nappies & I let them know when I'm running out. That way, they don't have to remember to pack them everyday.

sarah32
23-03-2010, 11:37 AM

I have had her for settling in for half days, and she always had nappies and wipes, this is her first full day so you would of thought she would of packed everything.

Have wrote it in her diary and will mention when she collects.

caz3007
23-03-2010, 12:37 PM

I had a year old child bought to me with a swimming nappy on. Mum used to give me a pack of nappies and probably ran out at home. No one told me and it was only when said child had a wee whilst sitting on my lap I noticed :angry:

charliegee
23-03-2010, 12:48 PM
oh no!! yes, I'd do the same - note in the diary

I too have had a little girl brought to me in a swimming nappy thing before - parent apologised and said they'd run out of nappies!

(don't have a pool!!!)

x

Joannechildmind
23-03-2010, 01:19 PM
i had mindie once who was bought with no nappy on, in bag no nappies and no wipes, nothing for the whole day (was 8am) dad shoved £5 in my hand and said i will have to take a walk to Tesco to get some :eek:

Mookins
23-03-2010, 08:15 PM
perhaps she picked up the wrong bag?

x x x

sarah32
23-03-2010, 08:18 PM
She offered to pay for nappies and wipes, told her not a problem for today as she brought me some nappy sacks with her as her hubby had bought to many.

:) :)

miffy
23-03-2010, 08:56 PM
She offered to pay for nappies and wipes, told her not a problem for today as she brought me some nappy sacks with her as her hubby had bought to many.

:) :)

Looks like you have got a good parent after all.

Perhaps it was just the strain of getting everything else organised that made her forget them - bet she won't do it again though! :)

Miffy xx

karen m
23-03-2010, 09:40 PM
been there no nappies ,spare clothes one parent even asked me to buy a coat for lo until she got paid as she had left his at a friends

babyface
23-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a mindee 30 mths now in her 3rd week parents told me she toilet trained but have to toilet her every half hour as she may not ask.
She had an accident within 15mins of arrival first day in her jeans went to change her she no knickers on and none in her bag has nappies in her bag no wipes or knickers .Persivered she now toilet trained but they still do not put knickers on her at all!!should i say something?