PDA

View Full Version : do your mindee's parents say one thing and mean another?

sophiestars
23-03-2010, 12:51 AM
As the title says I think some parents have their own secret code where they say something to us and mean something different for example when my 4 year old mindee turned up on Friday:

Mum SAID - 'She's feeling a bit tired today'

Mum actually MEANT - 'She's not very well but you can forget it if you think I'm taking the day off to look after her'

LOL

Anyone got any more?

merry
23-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Parent says - he/she's teething

Parent means - he/she's got rampant gastroenteritis/fever/unspecified virus we will all catch but you can forget it if you think I'm taking the day off to look after him/her!

:)

miffy
23-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Parent says - "Oh, he doesn't have a daytime sleep any more"

Parent means - I don't want you to put him to bed so he'll be really tired and I can get him into bed early"

Miffy xx

Tink
23-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Parent says "he keeps rubbing and messing with his ear"
Means he has a very bad ear infection (ended up in hospital for 2 days!!!)

Polly2
23-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Parent says: Oh he is potty trained and does not need his nappy on.

Parent means: He will do a wee on potty if you happen to catch him right but will otherwise wee and poo all aver your house.

cuffleygirl
23-03-2010, 07:45 AM
They don't wear a nappy for their daytime sleep anymore - means they do at home 'cos I don't want the extra washing but they can practise going without at yours!

suzyblue
23-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Parent: "they have the sniffles"
Reality: Your cushions, sofa and carpet are going to be covered in green slime.

haribo
23-03-2010, 07:56 AM
"shes been a bit of a grump this morning "= " shes in a horrendous mood and thank god im off to work " !

PixiePetal
23-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Parent says - "Oh, he doesn't have a daytime sleep any more"

Parent means - I don't want you to put him to bed so he'll be really tired and I can get him into bed early"

Miffy xx

.....but at home they may sleep to give me a break but you can't have one you are working and can poke up with the grizzles

Cammie Doodle
23-03-2010, 07:57 AM
All of the above and more :rolleyes:

miffy
23-03-2010, 07:58 AM
.....but at home they may sleep to give me a break but you can't have one you are working and can poke up with the grizzles

Oh definitely!!!!!

Miffy xx

nell57
23-03-2010, 08:01 AM
haha, I can relate to all of the above;)

jelly15
23-03-2010, 08:10 AM
She doesn't like playing outside so I haven't brought a coat, means I don't want her to get messy and have more washing.

sandy64
23-03-2010, 08:12 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: so true they all are lol they made me laugh we could write our own book.:laughing:

nikim
23-03-2010, 08:28 AM
"oh you've not been paid , well i set up the standing order , there must be a problem with the bank " means

i went out on the lash/saw a pair of shoes i just had to have at the weekend and spent it

Tinglesnark
23-03-2010, 09:48 AM
:laughing:
classic

estrelas
23-03-2010, 09:53 AM
"oh you've not been paid , well i set up the standing order , there must be a problem with the bank " means

i went out on the lash/saw a pair of shoes i just had to have at the weekend and spent it

:laughing:

Rubybubbles
23-03-2010, 09:55 AM
ROFL

keep em coming:D

auntym
23-03-2010, 10:07 AM
My working tax credit not gone in yet! - meaning your not getting paid till it does ar why should I pay you out of my money!
He/she are fine, had calpol this morning and perked up. - meaning he/she not well, but your havin them anyway!
And finally, oh he did this yesterday and hes NEVER done it before. - meaning, obviously been picked up in your setting! Lol

SimplyLucy
23-03-2010, 10:15 AM
We were running late today but I've managed to do a packed lunch.

Really means - I was doing my hair and make-up so lunch is a pile of grated cheese, a silce of ham, 1 cherry tomato and a slice of dry bread with mould on the crust.

That happened yesterday!

Ripeberry
23-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I've got a classic for you all. I rang mindee's mum this morning as my eldest had a fever and a very bad cough and she said she would let me know if she was coming. Then she arrived 10 mins early! with mindee and said "Oh well, he has had it anyway, must have caught it from me, he is happy enough"
Yes, but I'm stuck at home as eldest just wants to sleep all the time :rolleyes:
Which means, I'm going to work and no-one and no bug is going to stop me if I can do it, anyone can :mad:

Toothfairy
23-03-2010, 10:38 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We must all work for the same parents!!!

nikim
23-03-2010, 10:42 AM
child says "i didnt feel well yesterday but i wasnt sick "
means ; i was sick but mummy said not to tell you :angry:

parent says " he was sick yesterday but it was because he had to much chocolate milkshake and went on the bouncy castle"

means ; he was ill all weekend but ive had enough and want to go to work for a rest

tracey36
23-03-2010, 10:59 AM
lol these are so funny and most i heard at one time or another :laughing:

celdemorg
23-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes I definately have that too, this is one i have quite often, well some weeks it can be daily!!

LO is in a bit of a funny mood today - Which really means, she's been been a right little horror, and constantly been whinging all morning and want's her own way!!

charliegee
23-03-2010, 12:43 PM
oh I love this - has made me laugh!

My one would be parent says "oh they use the potty all the time" means "can you try it out for us?"

Carol M
23-03-2010, 12:50 PM
" Well, he doesn't do that at home"
Means;- Oh yes he does but I don't want you to think there is a problem at home too.
" They spent ages playing in the paddling pool and caught the sun"
Means:- Dad didn't put suncream on and then he fell asleep on the sofa!!!!!!
And plenty of the above !!
Carol:angry:

Carol M
23-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Posted it twice! Ooops

It's a small world
23-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Parent says..Oh they'll eat anything ..loves all fruit and veg very little they wont eat....
Parent means ..'They are very fussy eaters and dont like any fruit or veg just chocolate and biscuits and junk food...

Why do people lie just to make themselves look good..I dont I say it as it is do they not realise that we will eventually find out whatever lie they have told us such as..Fussy eaters/potty trained etc. Wouldnt it be easier to be honest so we can work together to improve or solve things ????

Alibali
23-03-2010, 03:09 PM
They both MUST go down for a snooze at 1pm - just met them in the park at 1.15!!

Mollymop
23-03-2010, 03:45 PM
she has been saying she is tired out on the school run

meaning - I want you to use the buggy for my darling little daughter

and me -... No chance, at 4 years old am I using the buggy!

loocyloo
23-03-2010, 03:53 PM
oh yes, all of the above!!!

cuffleygirl
23-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I know you send her home earlier due to her diarrhoea but she is fine now - will bring her back in the morning.

Means: I think my job is so important that I can't possibly take the time off.

Result: CM feels guilty about refusing to have a poorly child - when CM should never have been put in that position!

Bitsy Beans
23-03-2010, 07:27 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this is making me smile :D

Trouble
23-03-2010, 07:46 PM
love them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :D

Rainy
23-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I say - mindee has had diarrhea today and he also told me he was sick last night too

Parent says = oh did he, yes he was sick last night but just thought he had eaten too many sweets

parent actually means - yes i know he has a bug but i was hoping if i didn't mention it then you wouldn't notice

Lady Haha
23-03-2010, 08:15 PM
phone call from mum at 2pm "Something has come up, would it be possible to pick H up from school today?"

really means: "I told H this morning that you were picking him up, but only just remembered to ring and ask if you can do it"

Another mum texts at 5pm saying "my mum is picking A up, but has just informed me she can't get to you til 7pm, is that okay?'

really means: "I told A this morning that she was staying with you longer after school today cos nanny can't get there til 7pm, but didn't want to ask earlier in case you said no, but I know you will find it harder to say no if I make it sound like it's beyond my control"

Both these happened to me week before last!

celdemorg
23-03-2010, 08:22 PM
OMG I thought it was just me this happened to, all of these are so true!!

I have a parent who says, "ooh she's in a bit of a funny mood today"

Which really means "she's in a right foul mood and doesn't want to do anything i say or do, and has been whinging constantly".

I've also had the "Teething" one too, which has been mentioned previously.

I just really don't understand some parent's, when my children went to nursery/childminder I never left them when they were poorly I'd prefer to have them with me, people are different I suppose. x

margimum
23-03-2010, 09:27 PM
At least these parents have communicated!!
I have had the dreaded... Yes he's fine..... then found lots of extra nappies in bag!!
Obviously not!!:angry:

suzyblue
24-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Parent: Its daddies birthday tomorrow.
Meaning: Im not buying a card and I cant be bothered to make one!

Parent: Your payment hasnt gone through?
Meaning: We're off to Barbados tomorrow