PDA

View Full Version : HELP struggling

geordiebunny
22-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Ok got myself completely confused with whole learning journal thing. I have obs, activity planning sheets, all art work is on wall at moment, printed my photos off and going to do something with them ie poster of day out/activity we did.
But I have no idea where to start with a learning journal or if I need one as all my obs are linked to eyfs aswell as activity planning sheets.
I have 1 mindee who is adhoc and now 15 mths started with her in nov.

Any and all help appreciated as awaiting ofsted to rearrange my inspection.

mama2three
23-03-2010, 07:13 AM
you dont need a learning journal at all - I have one as it helps me organise everything in a way that progress can be followed by parents / me! / ofsted. mine has starting points and parent information , then chronological obs with links / next steps.
Sounds like you have these so if your system works then dont change it - just think - can someone else read this and see how a child is moving ahead?
Learning journal is just a 'name' , doesnt matter what you call your files if they work!

TammyN
23-03-2010, 07:34 AM
if you haven't got a progresive system in place and are looking for ideas i would say purchase Sarah's learning journey disc, it's fab from start to finish(although ive not truly worked through it all yet, ive glanced the bits i need most!!):jump for joy:
Tammy

auntie allie
28-04-2010, 08:02 PM
if you haven't got a progresive system in place and are looking for ideas i would say purchase Sarah's learning journey disc, it's fab from start to finish(although ive not truly worked through it all yet, ive glanced the bits i need most!!):jump for joy:
Tammy

where can i get a copy of sarahs learning journey disc?

TammyN
28-04-2010, 08:18 PM
you can pm her, im sure she will comment soon enough for you tho,
Sarah where are you??:laughing:

sarah707
28-04-2010, 08:29 PM
you can pm her, im sure she will comment soon enough for you tho,
Sarah where are you??:laughing:

I was out at some training! :laughing:

A learning journey is a great way of recording a child's interests, learning, development etc from day 1 in your care.

it takes the child right from initial observations and parents comments on entry to their last day with you and writing a transition document for their next setting.

It is also an excellent tool to share with parents so they can see just how much their child does while with you as it contains observations, individual planning, photos, child's comments, copies of their work etc.

there are lots of different layouts and nothing is right or wrong, so you need to work out which way is best for you.

There are lots of threads around the forum with information if you do a search and always feel free to ask if there's anything bothering you... there are lots of very clever people on this forum :D