PDA

View Full Version : benifits

namtasha
18-03-2008, 02:12 PM
can any oe advise on any benifits i can claim while my earning are so low? i get child and working tax credit but not much as i was employed for most of this year and they use an annuakl figure, tried income support but they just keep trying to get me into another job!
really struggling and 2 cars to tax and mot in 13 days :(

please help !!!!!

Banana
18-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I think as you are self employed you arent entitled to any extra beneifts... I could be wrong...

I didnt think we could claim working tax credit? As we are looking after our children?

xx

namtasha
18-03-2008, 02:22 PM
whoops .............

Noodles
18-03-2008, 02:25 PM
You can claim working tax credits if your earnings are low you just cant claim the childcare element if you are looking after your own child

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't think there is anything else you can claim for either. Try this link for phone numbers you can ring. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/MoneyTaxAndBenefitsContacts/DG_10026920

Teresa
18-03-2008, 03:11 PM
you can get job seekers allowence if you are working less then 16 hours a week, i get this i have to sign on and tell them what i have been doing to try and get children. when i sign on every two weeks i have to tell them what hours i have done on what days and how much i got for the work. they take this in to account when working your benefit out each two weeks. you have to sign off once you have more then 16 hours a week on a regular basis.
hope this helps

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I know I cannot get anything all I get is child tax credit and child benefit that is it as I do too many hours.

Lorraine xx

sarah707
18-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I get working tax credit and child tax credit as I am classed as low earnings..

It might be useful for you to take all your figures to the CAB and see if they can help you. They have specially trained advisors :D