PDA

View Full Version : Taking children for immunisations

Alibali
18-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi, I have just taken a mindee for her hib/men C booster. I got written consent from parents, and Mum also phoned Health visitor to inform her I would be bringing child. As it is a booster she has had all of them before, however a few childminders at toddler group said they thought I wasn't allowed to take her. Help, anyone else do this or know if we are allowed?

Alison x

crazybones
18-03-2008, 02:06 PM
There was a thread about this recently. If I remember some said the dr or nurse refused to do it without the parent and others said it is not something they would do. I think if you have the permissions and the surgery has okayed it, it is ok. I wouldnt do it though.

deeb66
18-03-2008, 02:06 PM
This subject was discussed very recently.....I can't remember who it was that asked.

I personally would not do it but that is entirely up to you.

I will try to see if I can find the link.

deeb66
18-03-2008, 02:08 PM
This is the link

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4283&highlight=injections

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 02:12 PM
! there is it well done dee:clapping:

Alibali
18-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Dee, Thanks for that link. Gosh don't think I'll be doing that again!! LO is sleeping peacefully now and doesn't seem to have had any reaction, and as I said she has previously had these jabs with no side effects. But now I'd be scared to do it again.

Thanks all.

Alison xx