PDA

View Full Version : planning

ss1983
22-03-2010, 03:55 PM
:) hi my topic for april is people and people who help us

my mindee is 15 months i need tp plan for 4 weeks has anyone got any ideas?do you all do your planning like this? someone told me ofsted like to see what you plan to do everyday? but have no ideas for my 15 month old :)

sarah707
22-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Can I ask why you are planning themes / topics for a 15 month old please? Has someone told you to do it this way?

Children who are moving towards the age of 3 need structure in their lives and will enjoy the challenge of themed activities.

Before this the remit of the Eyfs is clearly on play which follows the interests and needs of the child.

Obviously if older ones are following a theme and the little one wants to join in, you tailor the activities to suit their needs.

Otherwise save yourself some time and energy and get playing with what the baby wants to do :D

ss1983
22-03-2010, 09:29 PM
yes i was told by someone that ofsted what to see what your planning evry day for the children, ok so how would i set out a weeks planning for a 15 month old and i got a 6 month old staring.

auntym
22-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I went on a planning and obs course a few wk ago.
Ofsted will want to see the current weeks plan up on your wall.
Planning wise, dont plan more than a wk in advance esp for kids so young. Its suppose to be child led play. But you can still incorporate some learning activities into it. Eg easter stuff or what ever takes your fancy x

ss1983
22-03-2010, 09:51 PM
so you if you dont plan themes so what do you write on the days then stuff like playing with cars, or messy play or playdough?so if i planned to do messy pay but child was tired so we looked at books instead do i write this on my plan for the day?

sarah707
22-03-2010, 10:06 PM
so you if you dont plan themes so what do you write on the days then stuff like playing with cars, or messy play or playdough?so if i planned to do messy pay but child was tired so we looked at books instead do i write this on my plan for the day?

It's the same as we discussed on the other thread.

Monday morning - toddler group

Monday afternoon - outside play and messy tray

That's your group planning...

Then you write it up for the individual children.

So the 15 month old might have enjoyed riding bikes at toddlers last week and you might have noted he needs help pushing the pedals... work on that this week.

The 8 month old might have enjoyed watching bubbles in the garden last week so you intend to do that again... plus you might put out some sensory carpet tiles to see if she enjoys the feel of them.

I think you are possibly over complicating things!

It really is a matter of writing what happens / what you are planning / what you see or hear / what you do.

If you plan something and it changes, write that to show you followed children's play instead.

Hth :D

ss1983
22-03-2010, 10:13 PM
thanks sarah, i think im doing to much i jst want to do it right so nervous about ofsted coming, si ill leave themes till he is older then, i did think its hard with themes as he dont do much, thanks again sarah.

MarpleJollytots
22-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Ive come to the conclusion,after alot of worrying about planning that its not the EYFS thats complicated its other people complicating the EYFS !!!!!! My panning for an 11 mnth old this month,a new starter is ...'No planning' other than Settling in and getting out and about in our local area + alot of watching and observing. Next month i 'plan' to do lots of sensory activities like make some new treasure baskets up,build a den with lots of soft toys and cushions,lots of water play,messy play with different textures and a trip to a great sensory place in macclesfield but included in this is just time to let babies be babies.One of my new starters loves music so i will be doing lots of things based on that,another is rolling over and reaching out trying to crawl so i will be keeping this in mind,putting out toys that may tempt her forward etc,she gets very excited when things are out of reach and she manages to just touch them !!!!

ss1983
22-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Ive come to the conclusion,after alot of worrying about planning that its not the EYFS thats complicated its other people complicating the EYFS !!!!!! My panning for an 11 mnth old this month,a new starter is ...'No planning' other than Settling in and getting out and about in our local area + alot of watching and observing. Next month i 'plan' to do lots of sensory activities like make some new treasure baskets up,build a den with lots of soft toys and cushions,lots of water play,messy play with different textures and a trip to a great sensory place in macclesfield but included in this is just time to let babies be babies.One of my new starters loves music so i will be doing lots of things based on that,another is rolling over and reaching out trying to crawl so i will be keeping this in mind,putting out toys that may tempt her forward etc,she gets very excited when things are out of reach and she manages to just touch them !!!!

definatly everyone says different things i get so confused. think in my weekly plan i will just write things i think he will like i dont want to complicate things then ill write on a seperate peice what the child gained from the activities and what can help him,
the childs individual interests does the eyfs grids explain this